Kyle Allen to Transfer

Blackshirt96

Didn't see anyone post this:

Braden Gall@BradenGall 9h

Kyle Allen to Nebraska

Kyler Murray to Oregon

Sounds fun to me.

They forgot Tommy to TCU

Or at least a non-P5 school closer to home for TA, like Tulsa (where we had another QB transfer to not too long ago...)

And BTW, the SEC would never take Houston--the approval would go through aTm (not unlike how the SEC approving GT would go through Georgia, Clemson through South Carolina, or FSU/Miami/FIU/FAU/SMIOTB would go through Florida), and they'd veto the hell out of a close competitor like that.

And if Texas capitulated and played nice...I could see Aggie letting Texass in the SEC. Especially since the rest of the SEC would tell the Aggies to suck it up and STFU due to all the dollar signs they'd be seeing.

Of course...that would require Texass wanting to join the SEC in the first place.

Kyle Allen to Nebraska

Kyler Murray to Oregon

Sounds fun to me.

They forgot Tommy to TCU

Or at least a non-P5 school closer to home for TA, like Tulsa (where we had another QB transfer to not too long ago...)

And BTW, the SEC would never take Houston--the approval would go through aTm (not unlike how the SEC approving GT would go through Georgia, Clemson through South Carolina, or FSU/Miami/FIU/FAU/SMIOTB would go through Florida), and they'd veto the hell out of a close competitor like that.

And if Texas capitulated and played nice...I could see Aggie letting Texass in the SEC. Especially since the rest of the SEC would tell the Aggies to suck it up and STFU due to all the dollar signs they'd be seeing.

Of course...that would require Texass wanting to join the SEC in the first place.

How do you know this?

Allen was in Houston this weekend to meet with Tom Herman.

Herman signed on with Houston for $3M a year for 5 years. My guess is Houston is the next power 5 team.

I would love to see the SEC widen its footprint in Texas by adding Houston. Man it would be a kick to the nuts for UT.

3 mill a year for an unproven coach? Did they redo his package from last year when they hired him?

Allen was in Houston this weekend to meet with Tom Herman.

Herman signed on with Houston for $3M a year for 5 years. My guess is Houston is the next power 5 team.

I would love to see the SEC widen its footprint in Texas by adding Houston. Man it would be a kick to the nuts for UT.

3 mill a year for an unproven coach? Did they redo his package from last year when they hired him?

Yes. He just received a huge pay raise

Kyle Allen to Nebraska

Kyler Murray to Oregon

Sounds fun to me.

They forgot Tommy to TCU

How do you know this?

We know from the last expansion merry-go-round. This came up as the reason why the SEC didn't look to any other FL, GA, or SC schools for expansion, in spite of numerous viable candidates already in the SEC footprint that would have brought more to the table than Mizzery

I don't know if that courtesy would be extended to aTm, though, since they aren't part of the SEC's "old guard", if you will. And my point is even if that courtesy is extended normally, it wouldn't be if Texass was the team wanting to join--their (money) cache would trump any objection Aggie had over Texass in the SEC.

Kyle Allen to Nebraska

Kyler Murray to Oregon

Sounds fun to me.

They forgot Tommy to TCU

How do you know this?

We know from the last expansion merry-go-round. This came up as the reason why the SEC didn't look to any other FL, GA, or SC schools for expansion, in spite of numerous viable candidates already in the SEC footprint that would have brought more to the table than Mizzery

I don't know if that courtesy would be extended to aTm, though, since they aren't part of the SEC's "old guard", if you will. And my point is even if that courtesy is extended normally, it wouldn't be if Texass was the team wanting to join--their (money) cache would trump any objection Aggie had over Texass in the SEC.

It had nothing to do with the other teams giving them a veto. Missouri was added for the KC Market. A very good market & the hope for tier 1 programing. This is very common knowledge. Texas's money has little to do with a SEC invite. Its all about the market that they offer. Making U of H a P5 school & getting a piece of the Houston market would be huge for any conference. The question is, can U of H bring that market at the tier 1 level. Most people think they cannot.

Kyle Allen to Nebraska

Kyler Murray to Oregon

Sounds fun to me.

They forgot Tommy to TCU

How do you know this?

It had nothing to do with the other teams giving them a veto. Missouri was added for the KC Market. A very good market & the hope for tier 1 programing. This is very common knowledge. Texas's money has little to do with a SEC invite. Its all about the market that they offer. Making U of H a P5 school & getting a piece of the Houston market would be huge for any conference. The question is, can U of H bring that market at the tier 1 level. Most people think they cannot.

SEC already has Houston via Aggie. And we're beyond the point of market expansion and subscriber/carrier fees driving the expansion bus, to be honest. Look at ESPN and why they're slashing costly name talent--it's because people are cutting the cord, they don't have a financial model to help offset the losses in revenue currently, and these conference (and pro sports) television/media deals are becoming astronomical in cost. ESPN is paying a metric s**t ton of money for the NFL, SEC, and Bevo TV (though I suspect for not much longer).

Then, yes, Mizzery made sense because of market...Now, not so much if you're looking at the long play. Instead of markets, you're going to look at brand/cache for expansion candidates...well, unless you're the Big XII, and you just need two more schools to have a playoff and keep some of your bigger programs from bolting (and even then, that's not a sure thing). :-|

As for the unofficial SEC veto, that's been more than just rumor for some time...and frankly, schools like Florida or Georgia don't want to have to compete in-state in their own conference if they can help it, especially when the SEC seems to be in each other's backyard enough already. But I suspect if a name like Texass acquiesces and asks to join the SEC, Aggie won't be given the option to nix the deal on account of how big it would potentially be.

Folks have been saying for some time that the B1G deal will probably be the last big media deal for these conferences to happen, and frankly, the fact that we haven't heard of a finalized deal makes me think that either this is going to be a complicated/fragmented media deal, or someone isn't happy with the numbers they're getting back (probably the B1G).