Kyle Allen to Transfer

Blackshirt96

I think you are wrong about aTm in the Houston market. They brought the SEC Network to Texas, but I don't think the SEC Network is a tier 1 channel in Houston. Someone from that area would have to chime in to confirm.

As for the cutting the cord, I agree. I think you will see more networks go to a monthly pay app style network. Sling TV is the start to it. You get a few basic networks & you pay for additional packages, like the sports package, kids package or HBO.

This style will also make the conferences look less at markets they are in & more for the prestige factor of a team. Making big name teams more valuable then the market they are in.

Remember when Sumlin was the next hot coach?

Winning at the CFB level is a lot tougher than most fans appreciate. Sumlin is a good coach, but despite his recruiting, he's not had a winning record in the SEC since his first year.

I may start a "Where are They Now?" Thread about the guys who were considered the best 20 coaches in CFB as of 2011.

I shared a similar sentiment about Herman this season. When your team's best wins are against Navy and Memphis...now Temple, too...it's a bit of a jump to assume the guy would be a slam dunk hire for a P5 school. There was also that loss to UCONN. The dice have been rolled here too recently anyway, of course.

I think you are wrong about aTm in the Houston market. They brought the SEC Network to Texas, but I don't think the SEC Network is a tier 1 channel in Houston. Someone from that area would have to chime in to confirm.

As for the cutting the cord, I agree. I think you will see more networks go to a monthly pay app style network. Sling TV is the start to it. You get a few basic networks & you pay for additional packages, like the sports package, kids package or HBO.

This style will also make the conferences look less at markets they are in & more for the prestige factor of a team. Making big name teams more valuable then the market they are in.

I have the Sec Network but its just like the B1G network. You have to get certain packages for it to be available. Idk if thats what you mean but tier 1 or not?

As a Bruin, I get a nice chuckle out of the Kyle Allen story...

Allen, all during high school, had been a UCLA "lean" and, according to some sources, a "silent commit"...

But, all that suddenly changed...and no secret why...TRENT DILFER...

Kyle was one of Dilfer's prize pupils...and UCLA already had another of Dilfer's prize pupils on the roster...a kid named Asianti Woulard...

Woulard was, assumedly, waiting out Brett Hundley's graduation and in position to take over the starting role.

Dilfer didn't want Allen going to UCLA and competing with Woulard--so he forcefully steered Allen away from the Bruins...and to A&M where soon Manziel would be gone...

Of course, nothing turned out to Dilfer's liking...

Woulard never really lived up to expectations and was even behind Jerry Neuheisel in the pecking order...UCLA brought in Josh Rosen...which caused Woulard to transfer to University of South Florida...and Kyle Allen never quite made the grade at A&M anyway...

My view: Allen will transfer, under the direction of Dilfer, to somewhere where he will not have to compete for a starting job...

• Fire 1