Grade Issues

Mavric

There is no excuse for an athlete at Nebraska to not get the required grades to pass classes.

What if some just don't have the natural inborn talent to pass classes?

They have tutors to help them then. It's the other half of the talent plus hard work equation.

(It was a lame joke in reference to another thread.)

Word is there are at least seven players in danger of missing the bowl game.

At least five are starter-caliber defensive players.

Everyone travels because they won't find out for sure until they're in California (when grades are posted).

That's unacceptable. I'd be issuing some serious team discipline or asking guys to move on. Undergrad is not that difficult and I'm betting not too many are pre-med.

Kind of ironic though that they got in because of their academic progress rate. Probably can thank the walk on program for that.

Well duh. The wrestling team has taken kids in for the sole reason of helping keep team GPA up. I'm sure football does as well.

They aren't gunna take a walk on who gets bare minimum grades to hurt the GPA of the team.

Those damn walk ons really suck.

Dr. Tom disagrees, however.

• Fire 1

Everyone travels because they won't find out for sure until they're in California (when grades are posted).

That's unacceptable. I'd be issuing some serious team discipline or asking guys to move on. Undergrad is not that difficult and I'm betting not too many are pre-med.

Kind of ironic though that they got in because of their academic progress rate. Probably can thank the walk on program for that.

Well duh. The wrestling team has taken kids in for the sole reason of helping keep team GPA up. I'm sure football does as well.

They aren't gunna take a walk on who gets bare minimum grades to hurt the GPA of the team.

How is it even possible you could think he was saying 'walk ons suck' from his post? Do you know how to read?

Maybe you are one of the players on the team who can't pass Sociology classes with tutors who do the work for you?

• Fire 1

How is it even possible you could think he was saying 'walk ons suck' from his post? Do you know how to read?

Maybe you are one of the players on the team who can't pass Sociology classes with tutors who do the work for you?

Ha ha! I think your sarcasm-O-meter is out of whack. :lol:

Ha ha! I think your sarcasm-O-meter is out of whack. :lol:

Lol.

It's great when someone can't understand simple sarcasm, yet calls into question the intellect of the person posting said sarcasm.

I believe that's called irony.

We've got experienced coaches now. Who cares about this school stuff?

Well gee I wonder who brought these players in

#blame-bo-derailment

"Brought to you by the guy who blames Mike Riley for everything!"

Blaming the current coach for the current team's problems during the current season. Oh the horror.

• Fire 1

#blame-bo-derailment

Blaming the current coach for the current team's problems during the current season. Oh the horror.

blaming the current coaches is fine. blaming the current players is also fine. Doing either or both every time you type a response here is obsessive. repeating the same thing 1200 times since the season started is

obsessive-compulsive.

Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder-3.jpg

• Fire 3

#blame-bo-derailment

blaming the current coaches is fine. blaming the current players is also fine. Doing either or both every time you type a response here is obsessive. repeating the same thing 1200 times since the season started is

obsessive-compulsive.

Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder-3.jpg

So is calling people out for doing it. At the end of the day this is what a message board is.