Did anyone ever mention...

Highway6

I just don't see it...I have not seen the staff yell or be emotional at all this year...I can't imagine they are very different in practice.

By all accounts Osborne was very different in practice than he was on the sideline. Why is it such a stretch to think the same is possible with these guys?

I don't get this thread at all. Why are we discrediting multiple local reporters who have stated this occurred? And why are we railing Radar for sharing the tweets and simply saying he believes them?

I have heard this get brought up multiple on 1620 on Sharp & Benning who have discussed it with their guests, like Sipple and Brian Christopherson. It seemed liked they all agreed it happened.

so forgive us for skepticism against someone with bias so strong he insults our own players.
Insulting players = bad

Insulting coaches = good

Insulting media = good

Insulting posters who don't like coaches = bad

Insulting posters that are sunshine pumpers = good

Nailed it! That's pretty much how they roll here. Sure seems to be a lot of hate for the football program and coaches and Adm. for a supposed Husker site.

I know, right? Why can't everyone be a "real fan" and just hate on the players?

• Fire 1

That's a crazy story. I hope it isn't true.

If it is a story, though, it's kinda believable. The idea of Tommy not being quite zeroed in enough on playing within the offense isn't that fanciful. I think he just trusts in improvisation too much. He and the coaches have to try and figure out a way to get just the good, none of the bad. It's not merely working hard on your strengths. It's working even harder on the weaknesses. The stuff that's less fun to work on.

The great ones are able to really commit to this but that's by no means easy for anybody to do. Even if they want to.

• Fire 1

Nobody hates on the players, one can be critical of their talent or lack there of as well as their decision making on and off the field. They are getting around $20,000 a year to play football, its not like they are volunteers.

coaches and admins make a hell of a lot more money than that -- can one be critical of their coaching talent or lack thereof and their decision making?

Nobody hates on the players, one can be critical of their talent or lack there of as well as their decision making on and off the field. They are getting around $20,000 a year to play football, its not like they are volunteers.

coaches and admins make a hell of a lot more money than that -- can one be critical of their coaching talent or lack thereof and their decision making?

Radar, you really walked into that one.

When it comes down to it, it is fair to be objective in our criticisms about everyone from players up to admin. However, there is no excuse or justification to come here and openly flame about the program. Good fans are allowed to critical but still find a way to speak well and support the program.

I don't get this thread at all. Why are we discrediting multiple local reporters who have stated this occurred? And why are we railing Radar for sharing the tweets and simply saying he believes them?

I have heard this get brought up multiple on 1620 on Sharp & Benning who have discussed it with their guests, like Sipple and Brian Christopherson. It seemed liked they all agreed it happened.

so forgive us for skepticism against someone with bias so strong he insults our own players.
Insulting players = bad

Insulting coaches = good

Insulting media = good

Insulting posters who don't like coaches = bad

Insulting posters that are sunshine pumpers = good

Wrong. Insulting players, coaches, and posters has always been frowned upon.

Because the only written instance of this happening is a single tweet. The only corroboration to it is from a poster who said Armstrong was retarded, so forgive us for skepticism against someone with bias so strong he insults our own players.

I believe I called him stupid, (a widely held concept) not retarded

Nice that you are calling reporters liars because you say you don't have enough evidence to suit you. gotta love it!

Oh, ok, so that totally makes it better.

And FYI, that's literally journalism 101. You provide a source or proof. In the day of twitter, everyone just cites "sources" and every rumor is given credence.

SMH...

Because the only written instance of this happening is a single tweet. The only corroboration to it is from a poster who said Armstrong was retarded, so forgive us for skepticism against someone with bias so strong he insults our own players.

I believe I called him stupid, (a widely held concept) not retarded

Nice that you are calling reporters liars because you say you don't have enough evidence to suit you. gotta love it!

Oh, ok, so that totally makes it better.

And FYI, that's literally journalism 101. You provide a source or proof. In the day of twitter, everyone just cites "sources" and every rumor is given credence.

SMH...

Everyone can get away with it nowadays.

However, in many cases, information is often Tweeted out, substantiated by "sources," corroborated by other journalists and then the experts in the situation (in this scenario, the players and coaches) offer statements or answer questions in relation to the Tweeted material.

By what I'm seeing, this story at best got to stop three and the corroboration by other journalists was spotty and inconsistent at best. We shouldn't even be talking about it at this point because of this.

That's a crazy story. I hope it isn't true.

If it is a story, though, it's kinda believable. The idea of Tommy not being quite zeroed in enough on playing within the offense isn't that fanciful. I think he just trusts in improvisation too much. He and the coaches have to try and figure out a way to get just the good, none of the bad. It's not merely working hard on your strengths. It's working even harder on the weaknesses. The stuff that's less fun to work on.

The great ones are able to really commit to this but that's by no means easy for anybody to do. Even if they want to.

I agree with your comment.

Sometimes things can seem complicated but in reality they aren't. The simple truth is that Tommy needs to have the proverbial "talk with himself".

He's been coached over and over and over and taught and showed what he needs to correct over and over and over with his throwing motion and decision making. It's literally up to him to make the changes. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR HIM. He alone is now responsible for making the changes in himself.

Instead, he obviously hasn't been capable of overcoming his past bad habits... he's bought into the bad idea that his "arm strength" is so superior that it's all he needs... even though he has to know now it's not enough. Tommy needs to have that talk with himself... tell himself this is his last year in college football... his last chance to really show what he's got... his last chance to prove himself.

Only Tommy can have that conversation with himself. He has to want the change worse than anyone. He alone, has to make the tough decisions. He has to make it happen.

Make it happen Tommy. You can do it.

• Fire 2