GT: Rhode Island at Nebraska - 1PM CT - ESPN3

zanxR3s.pngbGLomi7.pngEG42u7n.png
December 13, 2015
1pm CT - ESPN3
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

Rhode Island Rams 6-3 (Last: 67-57 W vs Houston)
vs
Nebraska Cornhuskers 6-4 (Last: 83-67 L vs Creighton)

Head Coaches
Rhode Island Danny Hurley (88-75, 51-52 at Rhode Island)
Nebraska Tim Miles (336-273, 53-53 at Nebraska)

Injury Report
Rhode Island
G - E.C. Matthews - Knee - Out for season

Nebraska
No injuries to report

Scouting Rhode Island
Rhode Island makes its first road trip of the season, as the Rams travel to Lincoln this afternoon. Under fourth-year Head Coach Danny Hurley, the Rams are 6-3 on the season following a 67-57 victory over Houston Tuesday evening. In that game, URI held Houston to 30 percent shooting, including 1-of-11 from 3-point range. Senior Hassan Marin had 14 points to lead five Rams in double figures. URI has been tested early as two of its three losses have come to nationally ranked Maryland and Providence. Rhode Island, which was picked second in the Atlantic-10, lost its top returnee, as E.C. Matthews suffered a knee injury in the opener. Matthews averaged 16.9 ppg as a sophomore including a 26-point, 10-rebound effort in last year’s win over Nebraska. The Rams’ strength is its balance, as all five Ram starters average in double figures. Martin is one of the top players in the A-10, as he averages 11.8 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game.

• Fire 1

I hate to say it but I'm afraid Creighton stole a huge chunk of our confidence. I love this team but I think a lack of confidence, inexperience of a few players and Creighton's making the blueprint of how to stop Shields may limit our success till something changes. Either Shields learns how to pass to the open man when the other team doubles, combined with younger players knocking down some outside shots or we will struggle. Andrew White comes ready to play most games and he needs to continue.

Almost need to label this as a "must-win".

Even though the non-con schedule has been tougher than many years, a win today would likely give us a 9-4 non-con finish and that should be the lowest acceptable record.

With a number of less-than-stellar BIG teams struggling, a 500 conference record would put us in the conversation for post-season.

I see a much better effort today (being home) and a confidence building fairly comfortable win in the end.

Watson and Jacobson definitely earned more PT after Rhode Island.

Interesting that Jacobson was the least publicized of all the vaunted freshman and it looks like he's going to be a valuable contributor.

btw, why is Morrow on the milk carton??

Jacobson was picked up due potential. Staff is hoping he would grow to be 6'10" or taller. He seems to play the post better than Morrow, who seems a little overwhelmed. I think Morrow would be better playing behind Shields.