JUCO DE Tramal Ivy [South Florida Commit]

Haspula

Gregory was taller so could have used more weight. What we really need are a rush end or 2. Guys that are fast and can rush the passer.

We should just get him on campus and let S&C sort it out. That is what they're paid to do, after all.

I agree!

That's harder to do with a JUCO. You have much less time with him.

That said, I would still really like to get this kid. Sometimes an undersized kid can surprise you.

Gregory was taller so could have used more weight. What we really need are a rush end or 2. Guys that are fast and can rush the passer.

We should just get him on campus and let S&C sort it out. That is what they're paid to do, after all.

I agree!

That's harder to do with a JUCO. You have much less time with him.

That said, I would still really like to get this kid. Sometimes an undersized kid can surprise you.

I don't think he really needs any more weight. We need rush ends that can get after the QB.

An athlete off the edge like Ivy would help us a lot. We were one of the worst teams in the nation in sacks forced

The weight doesn't bother me at all. He's an inch shorter than Gregory, but weighs more. Randy did more than okay for us

I agree. Just possibly will need to help a little more on his side when going against good running teams.

I'm sorry but its unfathomable to me how someone can't academically qualify. To me, that spells pure laziness. Especially coming from a JUCO, really? I get it, some people are naturally smarter than others. But come on, its not that difficult if you actually put forth some effort.

There's a bit more to it than just effort. You have to look at what courses transfer, which varies WILDLY by university. Though usually there is an agreement among the local schools to help with that, assuming that they attend a close JUCO. Then you have to worry about the 40/60/80 rule that says you have to have 40% of a degree completed after your second year of eligibility (60% third year, 80% fourth year). Depending on the major they choose, if they take too many Gen ED courses then they won't get credit for all of them making them ineligible. If they take too many credits towards a specific major and the school does not have that major or structures it differently then they are also S.O.L. The same problems exist if any athletes want to change their major at any point in their academic career.

Or, you know, maybe they are just lazy.

• Fire 3

I'm sorry but its unfathomable to me how someone can't academically qualify. To me, that spells pure laziness. Especially coming from a JUCO, really? I get it, some people are naturally smarter than others. But come on, its not that difficult if you actually put forth some effort.

There's a bit more to it than just effort. You have to look at what courses transfer, which varies WILDLY by university. Though usually there is an agreement among the local schools to help with that, assuming that they attend a close JUCO. Then you have to worry about the 40/60/80 rule that says you have to have 40% of a degree completed after your second year of eligibility (60% third year, 80% fourth year). Depending on the major they choose, if they take too many Gen ED courses then they won't get credit for all of them making them ineligible. If they take too many credits towards a specific major and the school does not have that major or structures it differently then they are also S.O.L. The same problems exist if any athletes want to change their major at any point in their academic career.

You're talking more about credits transferring to a specific school, which means he'll have to attend a different school but can still play somewhere. Not qualifying academically is about NCAA minimums, which means not playing at any NCAA institution. NCAA minimums are really easy to reach if the kid is at least turning in the assignments.

You're talking more about credits transferring to a specific school, which means he'll have to attend a different school but can still play somewhere. Not qualifying academically is about NCAA minimums, which means not playing at any NCAA institution. NCAA minimums are really easy to reach if the kid is at least turning in the assignments.

What's more concerning --- if he actually does qualify, is how he handles classes at UNL. Which are going to be a world different than his JUCO in terms of difficulty. It's amazing how different classes are at community colleges and actual 4-year institutions. But also not that surprising.

What's more concerning --- if he actually does qualify, is how he handles classes at UNL. Which are going to be a world different than his JUCO in terms of difficulty. It's amazing how different classes are at community colleges and actual 4-year institutions. But also not that surprising.

It's amazing the amount of resources he'll have available here, oppose to JUCO as well.