I want this to be a serious thread for all questions relating to SF's future. What are the chances he does well at UCF? What are the chances he ends up at Nebraska? Can he recruit to a school that doesn't have the College of Nike Apparel appeal? Just wanted to hear other people's thoughts.

Also, I'm currently a freshmen at UNL and was wondering if anyone else on HB is currently at UNL, or if it is all older fans that remember the good ol' days? I'd love to see the differences in opinions between generations.

Oh, and GBR!

• Fire 4

I think his chance of succeeding at UCF is pretty good. They went winless this year so doing worse than that would be a challenge. I think his name alone will excites some recruits that know his background. He has his finger on the pulse as far as what kind of system players these days will buy into.

As far as him at Nebraska, I like the idea more now that he will actually have some coaching experience if that situation presents itself. If it ever happens it could be a good fit, but I am more excited to see what he can do at UCF first.

• Fire 1

Welcome to the board!

You'll find several members had a fairly lengthy discussion about Frost and the move to UCF in another thread within the last couple of weeks which can be found here, if you're interested.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/77778-scott-frost-to-ucf/page-2?hl=%2Bfrost+%2Bto+%2Bucf&do=findComment&comment=1643933

That said, I've been in the boat for years now that Frost needed a head coaching opportunity at another program before he was ever seriously considered for the Nebraska job, and here it is. UCF has had success recently, including a recent BCS bowl victory over Baylor, so the program knows how to win.

If he puts together winning seasons down there and bring in good talent, and Riley either retires from Nebraska or is fired, I think there's a very good chance Frost could end up here. The fan base, for the most part, appears willing and ready to welcome him with open arms.

As to your second question, I'm a UNL grad (a few years removed now) but I think there's a good smattering of ages groups here. I would say the vast majority are either college age or older.

• Fire 5

how do we even know if Frost wants to coach here? he is just another young coach in his first gig.....wish him luck.

Because he was interested in doing it in the past... It's his home state and alma mater, who wouldn't want to come home to a blue blood?

He did want the OC position back when Beck was hired, so yeah I imagine the HC position is one he would want.

He did want the OC position back when Beck was hired, so yeah I imagine the HC position is one he would want.

Except things are different now with the behind the scenes drama with Osborne and the administration. I don't see Eichorst and Frost having a real meaningful discussion.
What drama? And who's to say Eichorst will even be the AD if Frost ever does interview for the job?

Except things are different now with the behind the scenes drama with Osborne and the administration. I don't see Eichorst and Frost having a real meaningful discussion.
What drama? And who's to say Eichorst will even be the AD if Frost ever does interview for the job?

I agree Eichorst may not be the AD at that point, which could change the possibilities with Frost. My hope would be something like that would happen.

I agree Eichorst may not be the AD at that point, which could change the possibilities with Frost. My hope would be something like that would happen.

In others words; the drama I created in my head and a reiteration of my disdain for Eichorst, Riley, and anything that hasn't been directly baptized by Tom Osborne. Big surprise.

• Fire 2