I think that if Frost does well he could end up at Nebraska and I'm glad he will get a chance to prove himself as an HC. It may take him some time to build up the program but it will take time for Riley to retire or get fired so the timing gives Frost a good chance. I think that the huskers can go head to head with Oregon any day recruiting if they can start to win a few more games. We may find that Chip Kelley victories helped just a much as Nike money and with a good winning and respected coach the huskers have as much to offer as Oregon.

I want this to be a serious thread for all questions relating to SF's future. What are the chances he does well at UCF? What are the chances he ends up at Nebraska? Can he recruit to a school that doesn't have the College of Nike Apparel appeal? ...

Oh, and GBR!

Welcome youngsker ;)

85%

63%

Yes

• Fire 1

We fans would welcome him with open arms but would ge be willing? Its a serious question. His time as quarterback here was not fun. He followed Frazier with immediate struggles. Progressed and led us to a national chanpionship but was never fully embraced and very underappreciated. To recall it any other way is tevisionist bullsh#t. But now that its possible that he winds up being a great head coach the narrative is changing and now hes viewed as this almighty prodigal son. Maybe he doesnt wanna come back here? Ever think of that? How many coaches are at the helm of their alma mater? Again, were gettin all caught up in the nebraska guy crap. I have an idea. Dont hold your breath. He could go 3-9 3 years in a row abd wind up at Liberty while Riley and Langsdorf start rattling off conference titles.

• Fire 2

We fans would welcome him with open arms but would ge be willing? Its a serious question. His time as quarterback here was not fun. He followed Frazier with immediate struggles. Progressed and led us to a national chanpionship but was never fully embraced and very underappreciated. To recall it any other way is tevisionist bullsh#t. But now that its possible that he winds up being a great head coach the narrative is changing and now hes viewed as this almighty prodigal son. Maybe he doesnt wanna come back here? Ever think of that? How many coaches are at the helm of their alma mater? Again, were gettin all caught up in the nebraska guy crap. I have an idea. Dont hold your breath. He could go 3-9 3 years in a row abd wind up at Liberty while Riley and Langsdorf start rattling off conference titles.

He apparently had interest in being an OC here once so people correlate that to one day wanting to be HC, which I guess you can't rule that out as a possibility. But, I think your theme of would he want to coach here is valid to consider.

Though his time here as a player could be viewed tumultuous in some ways, he is one of those guys who would get a rowdy cheer more than likely were he standing on the sidelines being honored between two quarters of a home game. Were he to not be successful at NU it'd create a very awkward relationship with him.

"Husker fans, please draw your attention to the field where we honor National Championship QB Scott Frost, who also went 24-36 in his time as NU's head coach before getting fired."

Does he want to risk that? Does he care? Theoretically, he could become the next Frank Solich, a man who gave years and years of service to a university only to eventually be run out of town and then rarely make appearances despite his place in Husker lore.

I don't think it's something to discredit.

My prediction is Frost is at Nebraska as it's head coach after 2 years being at UCF.

Does he win conference titles at UCF? I don't think so. They went 0-12 this year, but they have great facilities now, and a fanbase/adminstration willing to win. Frost probably goes 6-7wins in his first year, then progresses to 8 or 9 wins his second year. Meanwhile, either Riley's contract is up, or Nebraska can afford to move on from Riley and they go after Frost.

I really have no idea if Coach Frost will ever return to Nebraska. He has to win to even have a chance. He is in a hot bed of recruiting, if he wins there, the Florida schools and the SEC will want him. Leaving that area for the Midwest and trying to recruit to it, might just be a little much.

No one knows. Might end up being, no chance at all. Coach Riley might start winning and we all fall in love with him. I sure hope that happens. Nebraska needs to return to winning, and not a better guy out there to see become a winner at a past their prime blue blood.

I say we forget about it, until it even becomes a slight possibility. Now it is so far over the horizon it is not funny.

• Fire 1

Maybe Zac Taylor will be the HC. Start a thread on that

Interesting topic, if he takes off in his current OC he'd certainly be a solid candidate.

As far as Frost goes it's great he's getting the shot to show what he can do as a HC at a program with potential. Hopefully he earns a look from us or another major program down the road. I don't think there would be any beef between him and Eichorst. Of course if we end-up looking because Riley fails Eichorst should be out on his ass and somebody else should be making the decision.

He did want the OC position back when Beck was hired, so yeah I imagine the HC position is one he would want.

Except things are different now with the behind the scenes drama with Osborne and the administration. I don't see Eichorst and Frost having a real meaningful discussion.
What drama? And who's to say Eichorst will even be the AD if Frost ever does interview for the job?

I agree Eichorst may not be the AD at that point, which could change the possibilities with Frost. My hope would be something like that would happen.
In others words; the drama I created in my head and a reiteration of my disdain for Eichorst, Riley, and anything that hasn't been directly baptized by Tom Osborne. Big surprise.

Actually, it's very real, pretty much common knowledge.

Some alleged Husker fans dislike Dr. Tom and choose to ignore it, but it doesn't make the rift between he and Harv go away.

There is a reason why his name is on the building and field, yet ( the last I heard) he doesn't have an emeritus office in North Stadium.