74Hunter I am wondering what your vision is for what you want Husker FB to look like. We know it's not Riley...who is your fave coach and why ? Would u say you are more of a triple options guy?

I don't think I've ever said I wanted the triple option back.

I'd like a winner who understands and embraces Nebraska football. Don't really feel like naming names again.

We currently have a loser that doesn't understand Nebraska football.

Man life is rough for you. Not sure what your ties to NU are, however you might just choose to move on. K-State is just down the road!!!

Lol wut?

So you must be fine with Nebraska being a national punchline? If so, then K state is the place for those with that line of thinking, not those of is that would like to see Nebraska be great again.

Some fans thought it was horrible being irrelevant. I'd rather be irrelevant with a shot at winning a conference championship, as opposed to this clown show in Lincoln.

74Hunter I am wondering what your vision is for what you want Husker FB to look like. We know it's not Riley...who is your fave coach and why ? Would u say you are more of a triple options guy?

I don't think I've ever said I wanted the triple option back.

I'd like a winner who understands and embraces Nebraska football. Don't really feel like naming names again.

We currently have a loser that doesn't understand Nebraska football.

Just a couple namez? Come on...

I am afraid after a few more yrs of mediocre results that Scott wouldn't want to come here. We are so close to slipping off into the abyss it will not take too much more before we become a Colorado. Tell me honestly if you have seen the drive the moxie, the "due anything it takes" attitude from this bunch to get this ship righted? I want to believe they can I really do. I want to see the great recruiting class everyone promises or the up tick in coaching. A spark something to give me hope, but to my eyes it looks like the same downhill trek we have been on for yrs. How much further do you think we can go, before it becomes the point of no return........

That is exactly how I feel, but I don't see Scott coming if he has success down there. Why would he, I think we are one coach to late. He is bright and is a sharp guy that some on here said " oh no he can't start here, he needs to cut his teeth somewhere else" Well be careful what you wish for. Do you honestly think he could have done any worse!!!!! The kid is a winner and I fear we will regret it. Wake UP nobody is beating down the door to f"n come here........... Well at least not for what were payin and even then..

So how about that Scott Frost, eh?

Ha ha! Yeah, this thread meandered a bit.

I hope Scott Frost took notes about recruiting while he was in Oregon. If he can start snagging quality players out of Florida that might change the landscape a bit. *IF*

I am curious to see if he recruits nationally while down there. I think it would be a smart move for him to try.

Thread Note: I moved about 40 posts to the Tangent thread. For those who want to continue talking about Callahan, Pederson, Eichorst, Big Red Board, etc., inasmuch as these conversations don't pertain to Scott Frost, by all means feel free to continue your conversation in the Tangent thread. Carry on.

• Fire 3

Older guy here, and alum. My user name reflects the fact I first became a Husker fan sitting on my grandpa's knee, listening to Husker games in he early/mid 60s...and remember hearing folks saying thing that made me think they were happy to have a winning season. So I remember both sets of glory years...the two in the 70s and those in the 90s. But I became a "love it to the core, this team is, and always will be MY team with the deflected two point try in the 83 orange bowl. I was a big fan of the stability and longevity of the entire coaching staff in those days as much as I was of the actual team on the field. It was all part of one program.

As for Frost, I'll echo what a lot of folks have said already. It is good to see him get some experience at a place other than Nebraska. A young coach like him, if successful at his first gig, is going to be a hot commodity, and want to leverage that spotlight to "take a step up". I think it would be ideal for us to have Riley for another 3 years, maybe 4 (if he can pull it together and get back to having good seasons), then open the door for a successful Frost to return home. He'd have gotten the "hot shot new coach" recognition and might be less likely to bolt in 2 - 3 years if he does well at NU. Maybe then he'd have a chance to put together somewhat of a stable, long term team of coaches here as well.

One can hope. I'd take him if he shows well at UCF for the next few years.

That is an old guy's opinions.

FWIW...welcome to the board, and to the Big Red family young scholar.

• Fire 1

Older guy here, and alum. My user name reflects the fact I first became a Husker fan sitting on my grandpa's knee, listening to Husker games in he early/mid 60s...and remember hearing folks saying thing that made me think they were happy to have a winning season. So I remember both sets of glory years...the two in the 70s and those in the 90s. But I became a "love it to the core, this team is, and always will be MY team with the deflected two point try in the 83 orange bowl. I was a big fan of the stability and longevity of the entire coaching staff in those days as much as I was of the actual team on the field. It was all part of one program.

As for Frost, I'll echo what a lot of folks have said already. It is good to see him get some experience at a place other than Nebraska. A young coach like him, if successful at his first gig, is going to be a hot commodity, and want to leverage that spotlight to "take a step up". I think it would be ideal for us to have Riley for another 3 years, maybe 4 (if he can pull it together and get back to having good seasons), then open the door for a successful Frost to return home. He'd have gotten the "hot shot new coach" recognition and might be less likely to bolt in 2 - 3 years if he does well at NU. Maybe then he'd have a chance to put together somewhat of a stable, long term team of coaches here as well.

You are missing the point Grandpa.If and probably when he is successful in florida. I seriously doubt he will becoming here, he will be getting better offers than us. Be realistic

and not a homer, why would he? Really why would he

You are missing the point Grandpa.If and probably when he is successful in florida. I seriously doubt he will becoming here, he will be getting better offers than us. Be realistic

So, what you are saying is that we should just be happy with who ever is coach here because no hot young coach would ever come here.

Cuz he likes Nebraska

Cuz he likes Nebraska

And believes he can win championships here?????