“I think recruiting has become a circus,” Frost said on Open Mike radio show. “In some ways, that’s good. Long-term, I don’t want to recruit a lot of guys here who are going to be prima-donnas and wait until the last day to put four or five hats on a table and keep teams hostage to wait and see what they’re going to do. I want kids who want to be at UCF, not kids that want to be recruited.

“So much has come of this because of websites and TV coverage. In my experience, the kids that fall in love with recruiting and do those things, they have a harder time adjusting to college football and college life (as opposed to) kids that make their decision and immediately think about how to make themselves great college football players. Recruiting is fun for everybody, but in the long run, you’re better off getting the kids more about business and ready to get to work.”

Link

• Fire 3

“I think recruiting has become a circus,” Frost said on Open Mike radio show. “In some ways, that’s good. Long-term, I don’t want to recruit a lot of guys here who are going to be prima-donnas and wait until the last day to put four or five hats on a table and keep teams hostage to wait and see what they’re going to do. I want kids who want to be at UCF, not kids that want to be recruited.

“So much has come of this because of websites and TV coverage. In my experience, the kids that fall in love with recruiting and do those things, they have a harder time adjusting to college football and college life (as opposed to) kids that make their decision and immediately think about how to make themselves great college football players. Recruiting is fun for everybody, but in the long run, you’re better off getting the kids more about business and ready to get to work.”

Link

If there is any hope of breaking into the recruiting monopoly, it's the mental aspect Frost alludes to.

Even good kids can be screwed up in different ways. Some of these 4/5 star recruits already have entourages and advisers and know nothing but success and adulation. When they suddenly find themselves away from home, surrounded by other 4/5 star talents and expected to practice less-glamorous aspects of the game, while looking up at a 2/3 star beating them out on the depth chart, some of them lose all the precious mojo.

Less heralded recruits willing to work harder aren't a bad way to go.

Hell, they'd be, what, second or third in the Big XII with that class, only behind Texass and possibly Baylor?

and oklahoma, tcu, w. virginia, texas tech, oklahoma state & iowa state...

(so almost dead last) :P

Uh .... according to the 247 Composite they'd be #6. So exactly in the middle.

• Fire 1