I really have no idea if Coach Frost will ever return to Nebraska. He has to win to even have a chance. He is in a hot bed of recruiting, if he wins there, the Florida schools and the SEC will want him. Leaving that area for the Midwest and trying to recruit to it, might just be a little much.

No one knows. Might end up being, no chance at all. Coach Riley might start winning and we all fall in love with him. I sure hope that happens. Nebraska needs to return to winning, and not a better guy out there to see become a winner at a past their prime blue blood.

I say we forget about it, until it even becomes a slight possibility. Now it is so far over the horizon it is not funny.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Do not forget that UCF went 0-12, plenty of work there

how do we even know if Frost wants to coach here? he is just another young coach in his first gig.....wish him luck.

This is something I've been pondering for a while now as well. Whether we want to admit it or not, the job here definitely has some hurdles. While Frost was a great hurdler in high school, I'm not so sure he really wants hurdles in his professional life. Last year, it was rumored that Colorado State was interested in Frost once they lost their coach. He didn't go there. I read somewhere where TO said Frost had a couple other opportunities other than the one he accepted. Coaching in Florida has to have some appeal especially considering local talent. He really won't have that here.

When Frost committed to play college ball, he took the best opportunity for himself as a QB when he went to Stanford. Had Walsh stayed at Stanford, it's very likely he never comes to Nebraska. If he does great things at UCF, I also believe he'll take the best opportunity for himself when choosing his next destination. I'm just not sure Nebraska really has a shot at Frost once he becomes a hot commodity. Our one and only shot may very well have been last year.

I would have supported and rooted for Turner Gill as head coach when the opportunity first presented itself.

No AD would have been criticized for giving the job to Turner Gill. It would have been the safest fan-friendly decision.

But it may not have been the right choice.

There's something a bit funky going on with Scott Frost's relationship with the University of Nebraska. I wouldn't bet on his return, but if the situation is right I'd still welcome it.

I'm becoming a little concerned that all this talk about Frost coming home may actually hurt his recruiting UCF.

Many players-recruits will be told by other coaching staffs that Frost will not be there in 2 or 3 years and/or those players will have to endure another coaching change because "everybody" knows he's going to Nebraska.

I want Frost to be successful at UCF.

I've been an advocate for hiring Frost to coach at Nebraska for at least the last 3 years. I advocated for hiring him when the last staff was let go (no knock on the current staff).

Hope he makes it home.

I'm becoming a little concerned that all this talk about Frost coming home may actually hurt his recruiting UCF.

Many players-recruits will be told by other coaching staffs that Frost will not be there in 2 or 3 years and/or those players will have to endure another coaching change because "everybody" knows he's going to Nebraska.

I've been an advocate for hiring Frost to coach at Nebraska for at least the last 3 years. I advocated for hiring him when the last staff was let go (no knock on the current staff).

Hope he makes it home.

Good point.

Hopefully he comes home in 2017.

how do we even know if Frost wants to coach here? he is just another young coach in his first gig.....wish him luck.

Because he was interested in doing it in the past... It's his home state and alma mater, who wouldn't want to come home to a blue blood?

He may still remember the boos from the student section?

Hope he makes it home.

I disagree. Handfuls if not dozens of coaches likely use this tactic on the recruiting trail against coaches who may be on the hot seat, retiring soon, looking to jump to the NFL, etc.

Scott Frost has given no public statement affirming his interest in the head coach position at Nebraska, and from my own perspective, the narrative of Frost coming 'home' is a very local idealogy. It would be little more than opinionated rabble rabble if a coach tried to push that on a recruit right now.

Some of the things I've read so far suggest Frost's name has provided a huge spark in interest at UCF and I don't see that going away because Frost could potentially be Nebraska's head coach X amount of years down the road.

Furthermore, it's UCF. I'm guessing a lot of players understand that if a coach comes to UCF, and is successful, he probably won't be there for very long.

Because he was interested in doing it in the past... It's his home state and alma mater, who wouldn't want to come home to a blue blood?

He may still remember the boos from the student section?

i suspect opportunity will always trump going home.........unless there is an attractive, compelling rational.

Hope he makes it home.

I disagree. Handfuls if not dozens of coaches likely use this tactic on the recruiting trail against coaches who may be on the hot seat, retiring soon, looking to jump to the NFL, etc.

Scott Frost has given no public statement affirming his interest in the head coach position at Nebraska, and from my own perspective, the narrative of Frost coming 'home' is a very local idealogy. It would be little more than opinionated rabble rabble if a coach tried to push that on a recruit right now.

Some of the things I've read so far suggest Frost's name has provided a huge spark in interest at UCF and I don't see that going away because Frost could potentially be Nebraska's head coach X amount of years down the road.

Furthermore, it's UCF. I'm guessing a lot of players understand that if a coach comes to UCF, and is successful, he probably won't be there for very long.

The day he was announced, I went to one of UCF's boards and what did I see? A "Nebraska fan" rubbing their noses in it, telling the UCF fans not to get used to him because he would be coming to Nebraska.

Everyone's heard the rumors.

I still think he will have great success there... I was just wondering how these rumors might affect his recruiting. That's all.

He's a big boy... he can handle it I'm sure.

Hope he makes it home.

It's not just a local idealogy. From Pat Forde's column today

Central Florida. Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost has developed a great reputation, and it was widely considered a coup for winless underachiever UCF to land him. The question is where Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich ended and Frost began, in terms of offensive mind, and whether he is head-coach material. If the answers to those questions are positive, this could be Frosts practice job while waiting for alma mater Nebraska to open up.