I didn't say it was just a local idealogy, only a very local one. Most of the college football landscape is not talking about or caring about Scott Frost heading to Nebraska in the future. The vast majority of people talking about Scott Frost/Nebraska are Nebraska fans. Unless someone here can point me to another team's message board that has multi-page threads about this?

I don't think many UCF fans care that much right now, either. A high school friend of mine went there and still lives about half an hour away and he says the buzz is very much Scott Frost, not Scott Frost/Nebraska.

Maybe Zac Taylor will be the HC. Start a thread on that

Zac runs a WCO and played for Cally. That automatically discredits him from a large portion of the fan base.
He's started running it more than the previous OC at Miami...
Whether it's his offense or not he incorporates a lot of zone read schemes, with PA attacking down the field (particularly the middle). Ideas Oregon, Baylor, TCU, Clemson use quite a bit. Not implying he should be the/A coach here. Just a simple observation on his play calls.

Maybe Zac Taylor will be the HC. Start a thread on that

Zac runs a WCO and played for Cally. That automatically discredits him from a large portion of the fan base.
He's started running it more than the previous OC at Miami...
Whether it's his offense or not he incorporates a lot of zone read schemes, with PA attacking down the field (particularly the middle). Ideas Oregon, Baylor, TCU, Clemson use quite a bit. Not implying he should be the/A coach here. Just a simple observation on his play calls.

Someone at husker online said he'd be up for coaching here recently...start the rumor mill

Scott as a kid losing to ASU is an ancient memory. Ancient to him, and ancient to the fans. No one cares.

You bet your ass he would want to be the head coach here. And likely will at some point in the future.

if the ASU loss was the only issue, youd have a point. But in fact, its the least-very least-of the circumstances. Theres just a lot to it. Im not betting Frost being here some day. I work to hard for my money to give it away.

how do we even know if Frost wants to coach here? he is just another young coach in his first gig.....wish him luck.

Because he was interested in doing it in the past... It's his home state and alma mater, who wouldn't want to come home to a blue blood?

He may still remember the boos from the student section?

i suspect opportunity will always trump going home.........unless there is an attractive, compelling rational.

I almost forgot...the team we were playing when the idiot students were booing Frost...Central Florida!

I didn't say it was just a local idealogy, only a very local one. Most of the college football landscape is not talking about or caring about Scott Frost heading to Nebraska in the future. The vast majority of people talking about Scott Frost/Nebraska are Nebraska fans. Unless someone here can point me to another team's message board that has multi-page threads about this?

I don't think many UCF fans care that much right now, either. A high school friend of mine went there and still lives about half an hour away and he says the buzz is very much Scott Frost, not Scott Frost/Nebraska.

I'm in Orlando and there is a lot of buzz. My neighbor runs concessions at UCF games and he is super stoked! They had some pretty weak crowds this season. He's expecting a huge improvement next year.

Scott as a kid losing to ASU is an ancient memory. Ancient to him, and ancient to the fans. No one cares.

You bet your ass he would want to be the head coach here. And likely will at some point in the future.

if the ASU loss was the only issue, youd have a point. But in fact, its the least-very least-of the circumstances. Theres just a lot to it. Im not betting Frost being here some day. I work to hard for my money to give it away.

What is this alluding to? I see a lot of this secretive talk about some sort of black cloud hanging over Scott Frost. Chamberlin never fails to mention the alleged lack of support from his former teammates. But I know several of his former teammates and they were all stoked about him getting a HC job and they all want to see him come back here, most of them sooner rather than later.

Now if people are expecting him to get lots of support from the '95 seniors, don't hold your breath. But the guys he actually took the field with are very supportive from everything I have seen and heard.

I'm in Orlando and there is a lot of buzz. My neighbor runs concessions at UCF games and he is super stoked! They had some pretty weak crowds this season. He's expecting a huge improvement next year.

Thanks for the insight! I think it'd be really hard to not be excited about Frost, and I'm sure fans are currently more interested in the here and now than what Frost's career looks like 5 or more years from now.

Now if people are expecting him to get lots of support from the '95 seniors, don't hold your breath. But the guys he actually took the field with are very supportive from everything I have seen and heard.

That may be it. Entirely possible the Frost-doubters came mostly from the squad that didn't play with Frost, but had to deal with him as the QB in waiting who left Stanford believing the NU job would be held open for him. The Lawrence Phillips episode probably didn't help.

It's more fair to go with the '96-'97 teammates who Frost actually led. They seem very supportive of him.

But it is true that from his recruitment out of Wood River through his '96 season, there was some bad blood between Scott's parents, Tom Osborne and Nebraska fans. A national championship and a career with the most high profile offense in college football means Scott went out and earned the respect. There's still something funky enough in the relationship that I won't bet my own money on his return to UNL.

That may be it. Entirely possible the Frost-doubters came mostly from the squad that didn't play with Frost, but had to deal with him as the QB in waiting who left Stanford believing the NU job would be held open for him. The Lawrence Phillips episode probably didn't help.

It's more fair to go with the '96-'97 teammates who Frost actually led. They seem very supportive of him.

But it is true that from his recruitment out of Wood River through his '96 season, there was some bad blood between Scott's parents, Tom Osborne and Nebraska fans. A national championship and a career with the most high profile offense in college football means Scott went out and earned the respect. There's still something funky enough in the relationship that I won't bet my own money on his return to UNL.

The main funkiness preventing his return will be gone by this coming June. Any remaining funkiness will likely follow close behind.

The main funkiness preventing his return will be gone by this coming June. Any remaining funkiness will likely follow close behind.

I would agree that Perlman is probably an underlying factor to Frost keeping a safe distance from the football program in some capacity.

Thanks for the insight! I think it'd be really hard to not be excited about Frost, and I'm sure fans are currently more interested in the here and now than what Frost's career looks like 5 or more years from now.

Things are way different down here than back in God's country. People in general are not college football fans. They treat it more like high school sports back in Nebraska. The locals are interested in how the hometown team is doing, but most don't bother to go to games unless they're doing really well. A few years back, UCF games were rockin'!

I would agree that Perlman is probably an underlying factor to Frost keeping a safe distance from the football program in some capacity.

Let's keep blaming Perlman for everything. nutkick_180.gif