It's pretty obvious that the demise of Husker football coincides with Perlman's tenure (and decisions). Once Perlman is gone, we might be able to get things back on track. But there's no guarantee.

I think that's very open to interpretation. You could also blame Global Warming.

Or Osborne retiring...

Are there NU fans that are mad at Osborne retiring when he did? I am just curious.

It's pretty obvious that the demise of Husker football coincides with Perlman's tenure (and decisions). Once Perlman is gone, we might be able to get things back on track. But there's no guarantee.

I think that's very open to interpretation. You could also blame Global Warming.

Or Osborne retiring...

Are there NU fans that are mad at Osborne retiring when he did? I am just curious.

Oh no....That is completely politically incorrect to claim anything negative about TO.

Now....it is politically correct to blame Perlman for everything from global warming to the neighbor's dog getting into your trash.

• Fire 1

excuse me....but isn't this thread about scott frost and his future? Harv is gone very soon here and Frost is in Florida. i don't think either has any affect on the others future so why is there a thread derailment attempt happening (yet again) from the conspiracy theorists?

Edited by NUance
Yes, Scott Frost is the topic of this thread. And I ended up moving about 40 posts to the Tangent thread. I left this post as a reminder in the hope that people will keep somewhere close to the topic at hand.
  • Fire 4

Talk about a dream scenario in which the last QB to win a National Title returns 20 years later to restore the program. It will be a 30 for 30!

That said, I'm glad he gets a trial run at UCF. If Riley fails, our next hire shouldn't be to hire someone simply because they have ties to past glory. Frost has plenty of potential and hope he is our savior, but the reality is we haven't been relevant for two decades, so the next hire can't simply be rooted in nostalgia or nepotism.

He did want the OC position back when Beck was hired, so yeah I imagine the HC position is one he would want.

Except things are different now with the behind the scenes drama with Osborne and the administration. I don't see Eichorst and Frost having a real meaningful discussion.
What drama? And who's to say Eichorst will even be the AD if Frost ever does interview for the job?

I agree Eichorst may not be the AD at that point, which could change the possibilities with Frost. My hope would be something like that would happen.

When the stars align

AD Trev Alberts

img-Trev-Alberts-elected-to-College-Foot

Then hires HC Scott Frost

2013-oregon-ducks-offense-scott-frost.jp

Who hires

OC - Tom Rathman

DC Mike Minter or Clint Brown

So how about that Scott Frost, eh?

Ha ha! Yeah, this thread meandered a bit.

I hope Scott Frost took notes about recruiting while he was in Oregon. If he can start snagging quality players out of Florida that might change the landscape a bit. *IF*

74Hunter I am wondering what your vision is for what you want Husker FB to look like. We know it's not Riley...who is your fave coach and why ? Would u say you are more of a triple options guy?

I don't think I've ever said I wanted the triple option back.

I'd like a winner who understands and embraces Nebraska football. Don't really feel like naming names again.

We currently have a loser that doesn't understand Nebraska football.

74Hunter I am wondering what your vision is for what you want Husker FB to look like. We know it's not Riley...who is your fave coach and why ? Would u say you are more of a triple options guy?

I don't think I've ever said I wanted the triple option back.

I'd like a winner who understands and embraces Nebraska football. Don't really feel like naming names again.

We currently have a loser that doesn't understand Nebraska football.

Man life is rough for you. Not sure what your ties to NU are, however you might just choose to move on. K-State is just down the road!!!

• Fire 2