Current Ranking 2016 Class

I'm starting to get concerned now honestly. No longer confident with anyone we are in on anymore. Seems like signing day could be filled with a lot of lower caliber players.

In my opinion, recruiting has been a struggle for a few years now.

This season is setting up to be worse. Players were hesitant to commit to Bo because he was on the hot seat for the last two years. Players feel the same way about Mike Riley and can also see the direction of the program. Not a great combination to lure talent here. Nebraska is very likely to have its 3rd consecutive class rank in the mid 30s.

Hard to win championships with that kind of talent.

• Fire 1

Good lord....we are getting better recruits than he got at OSU.

In 2014, with 30 recruits he was ranked 56 with an average grade of 80.7 That's right at the point of almost averaging a 2 star grade.

This year with only 15 commits, our average grade is 87.27.

Now, I believe 88 is where a recruit gets to a 4 star grade. So, on average, our commits are right at that point of almost being a 4 star.

The class is no where close to being done.

• Fire 1

From what I've understood it's not that we will get better recruiting ... it's what MR can do with the less caliber recruits. I'm thinking we will see numbers close to OSU for the MR era.

If you get OSU recruits with an OSU staff you get ODU results. They must recruit better here to be a better program than they had.

The ODU Monarchs take offense to this.

• Fire 1

In 2014, with 30 recruits he was ranked 56 with an average grade of 80.7 That's right at the point of almost averaging a 2 star grade.

Now, I believe 88 is where a recruit gets to a 4 star grade. So, on average, our commits are right at that point of almost being a 4 star.

Is our goal to be better than Oregon State or is our goal to be one of the top programs in the country?
  • Fire 1

Is our goal to be better than Oregon State or is our goal to be one of the top programs in the country?
My comment was at a post acting like that is what we were getting.

Obviously we need to be getting some of the best players in the country.

Understand, didn't mean it directly at you. Just a general thought along the same lines of the convo.

Also interesting that in Anderson's first year at Oregon State he averaging 83 rating on his recruits...

I have been very very high on the recruiting of this staff but it seems like they might have hit that "wall". I think that right now they are "in" on a lot of big names but it seems like if they call and another school class...the recruit is returning the call to the "other school" first.

I am not sure what has happened but where I was thinking/expecting a top 15-20 class I am starting to second guess that a bit.

I have been very very high on the recruiting of this staff but it seems like they might have hit that "wall". I think that right now they are "in" on a lot of big names but it seems like if they call and another school class...the recruit is returning the call to the "other school" first.

I am not sure what has happened but where I was thinking/expecting a top 15-20 class I am starting to second guess that a bit.

Agree completely. I think the fact that we had a 5-7 season / along with the stupid chatter from fans about our coach needing to be on the hot seat - slowed this class down. NU needs to have a better records to help close these better recruits (at most schools - I would disagree with my statement, however I'm sure every coach out there is using our record against us). We should be able to post a solid record next year and the 2017 class will fill in nicely!!!

Agree completely. I think the fact that we had a 5-7 season / along with the stupid chatter from fans about our coach needing to be on the hot seat - slowed this class down. NU needs to have a better records to help close these better recruits (at most schools - I would disagree with my statement, however I'm sure every coach out there is using our record against us). We should be able to post a solid record next year and the 2017 class will fill in nicely!!!

I promise our fan base provides far more pros to recruiting than cons. No blame should be placed on them.
  • Fire 2

Oh BigRedBuster,

tumblr_ll8xkbswRY1qb3j2u.gif

Understand, didn't mean it directly at you. Just a general thought along the same lines of the convo.

Also interesting that in Anderson's first year at Oregon State he averaging 83 rating on his recruits...

Most coaches get a honey moon period in recruiting where they can recruit better than the school's norm. For some reason (maybe going 5-7), this staff never got that whatsoever.