[Spoilers] Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread

I guess the whole Star Killer base thing doesn't bother me. Why wouldn't the First Order take what the Empire started and keep rolling with it/improving on it?

The Han death scene was done well I thought. I guess I don't get that gripe. He was trying to bring his son back from the grasp of the dark side and he knew full well the dangers and his likely doom if he could not be convinced. If him falling off the catwalk was the big issue, Sorry he didn't just fall to crumpled heap on the floor?

I guess there will be another one because who the hell needs a light saber living in a cave on a deserted island?

It was ok. Personally I wish they'd just leave the series alone. Greed, prequals, and sequels are going to ruin the legendary status of the core three movies.

I think the first three sort of tarnished the original trilogy. I believe these are going to restore the prestige of the original trilogy

I think the first three sort of tarnished the original trilogy. I believe these are going to restore the prestige of the original trilogy

That's what I'm hoping. The first three were 10x worse than any gripe I have with TFA. Compared to those three, this is a masterpiece.

I'm quite excited for the prospect of many future movies, like they're doing with the Marvel universe. There's SO MUCH more they can do with the Star Wars universe, so many characters.

My "issues" with TFA are that they recycled so many bits & parts of the original trilogy that it seemed like a remake rather than a new story. But now that they've done this, my HOPE is that they leave the old stories/references alone and move forward. That's what I suspect they'll do, anyway.

I think it's a safe play on their end to incorporate many aspects of Episodes IV, V, and VI into VII. It's simply a result of a person's "movie series" expectations. If a movie is a series, you'd expect 5 to incorporate aspects of 4, 6 to continue parts of 5, and 7 to mimic parts of 6. Too drastic of a change might've not resonated with fans.

Yet TFA included a lot of fresh characters and a new-ish storyline, and that's what I loved most about TFA. It told a new story but intertwined it with the old.

I think the makers of I, II, and III had a much tougher job than anyone gives them credit for. TFA already had a foundation to work from. The prequels essentially had to write backwards from IV, and that's a tough ask.

• Fire 1

That's what I'm hoping. The first three were 10x worse than any gripe I have with TFA. Compared to those three, this is a masterpiece.I'm quite excited for the prospect of many future movies, like they're doing with the Marvel universe. There's SO MUCH more they can do with the Star Wars universe, so many characters.My "issues" with TFA are that they recycled so many bits & parts of the original trilogy that it seemed like a remake rather than a new story. But now that they've done this, my HOPE is that they leave the old stories/references alone and move forward. That's what I suspect they'll do, anyway.
The recycled scenery didn't bother me, just recycling the major plot device from 4 and 6 did. It made no sense, to have another giant sphere with a super weapon be destroyed by a handful of insurgents on a trench run. That was just lazy, and JJ even knew it with the line he gave Han. I was really hoping they were going to say there was no way that would work and evac the planet as best they could. You could have told the entire story with out star killer base. Or just you know, not given it the combined weakness of the first two giant spheres. But I guess the empire/first order is insane.

I just hope Fett comes back at some point now that our favorite space cowboy is gone. Fett can aid the resistance since he's a gun for hire with his own code.

The prequels were met with the criticism that they weren't enough like the original trilogy, I guess it's only fitting Awakens is met with it is too much like the original trilogy.

This, and the acting by Hayden Crhistiansan and Natalie Portman was terrible. Oh, and Jar Jar stunk.

That's what I'm hoping. The first three were 10x worse than any gripe I have with TFA. Compared to those three, this is a masterpiece.I'm quite excited for the prospect of many future movies, like they're doing with the Marvel universe. There's SO MUCH more they can do with the Star Wars universe, so many characters.My "issues" with TFA are that they recycled so many bits & parts of the original trilogy that it seemed like a remake rather than a new story. But now that they've done this, my HOPE is that they leave the old stories/references alone and move forward. That's what I suspect they'll do, anyway.
The recycled scenery didn't bother me, just recycling the major plot device from 4 and 6 did. It made no sense, to have another giant sphere with a super weapon be destroyed by a handful of insurgents on a trench run. That was just lazy, and JJ even knew it with the line he gave Han. I was really hoping they were going to say there was no way that would work and evac the planet as best they could. You could have told the entire story with out star killer base. Or just you know, not given it the combined weakness of the first two giant spheres. But I guess the empire/first order is insane.

I just hope Fett comes back at some point now that our favorite space cowboy is gone. Fett can aid the resistance since he's a gun for hire with his own code.

There are only so many differnt landscapes you can come up with. if you are going to hide a person on a far off planet it makes sense to me that it would be a lightly populated out of the way place, like a desert planet. Han falling off a cat walk in death probably was a little bit too much like other scenes, but it didn't really bother me. If probably would have been better if they would have had maybe a big ship commanded by Akbar raining down big blasts at the star killer thing.

I just think JJ and Lawernce Kasdan played it exactly the way most people wanted it to be.

The prequels were met with the criticism that they weren't enough like the original trilogy, I guess it's only fitting Awakens is met with it is too much like the original trilogy.

This, and the acting by Hayden Crhistiansan and Natalie Portman was terrible. Oh, and Jar Jar stunk.

I'll always blame Lucas for that. I think they acted how he told them to act (see Portman in other movies) and they were working with his cheesy lines. Somehow between the original three and episode I he forgot what real life relationships are like.

I'll always blame Lucas for that. I think they acted how he told them to act (see Portman in other movies) and they were working with his cheesy lines. Somehow between the original three and episode I he forgot what real life relationships are like.

I would also think it would be difficult to be acting on a "green screen" the entire time since so much of the movie was digitally made. I am so glad that Abrams went back to actual physical props and models for Episode 7 and beyond.

Well the cheesy line part is Lucas. The orignal 3 episodes 4-6 where co-wrote with Lawrence Kasdan, they actually say he rewrote most of the dialog in 4-6. He also co-wrote TFA with JJ Abrams. Lucas is not the best writer and he is an average at best director. He is a great producer and idea man though. So just like a head coach. It really does come back on Lucas that the prequils were not very good. I actually liked ROTS and thought the TPM was ok except for Jar Jar and the Gung Gun crap. AOTC was terrible IMO.