[Spoilers] Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread

There are valid reasons to criticize this film, and I'm not going to stop talking about them because it offends people.

You are obviously free to criticize the film with whatever "valid reasons" you have. It's not exactly offensive to do so, just more frustrating that a minority of people feel a certain way about it when it made so many other happy.

There are valid reasons to criticize this film, and I'm not going to stop talking about them because it offends people.

You are obviously free to criticize the film with whatever "valid reasons" you have. It's not exactly offensive to do so, just more frustrating that a minority of people feel a certain way about it when it made so many other happy.

If you like it a nine and I like it a seven, does that drag your enjoyment down to an eight?

• Fire 1

If you like it a nine and I like it a seven, does that drag your enjoyment down to an eight?

Honestly, a little. Because when people claim to like something, yet offer nothing but criticisms, it takes me out of the movie a bit when I rewatch it. I remember the criticisms and see why one would think the way they did. Thats a me problem though.

On the flip side, I'm certain me talking it up like it's the greatest thing ever probably has no impact what so ever on your take of the film.

Honestly, a little. Because when people claim to like something, yet offer nothing but criticisms, it takes me out of the movie a bit when I rewatch it. I remember the criticisms and see why one would think the way they did. Thats a me problem though.

On the flip side, I'm certain me talking it up like it's the greatest thing ever probably has no impact what so ever on your take of the film.

I get the impression that this is a much more common stance than you think (judging by the "a me problem" line).

I probably enjoyed the Michigan State win a lot more in the stands than I would have if I'd have watched it at home alone, though. So I get what you're saying.

This thing could have had Jar Jar Binks with an entourage of Ewoks for 120 minutes and it still would have scored a 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

While your criticisms have valid points to them, I think the general issue really is more so that everyone had an idea how the move should play out.

I get the impression that this is a much more common stance than you think (judging by the "a me problem" line).

I probably enjoyed the Michigan State win a lot more in the stands than I would have if I'd have watched it at home alone, though. So I get what you're saying.

Knapp is with the silent majority.

Hey, I'm just an average Joe that likes movies and I have the same concerns/criticisms as knapp and others do. I was highly disappointed that they simply mailed in the storyline by basically remaking New Hope. I liked the movie and I look forward to where they will take new characters Rey and Finn and Po but felt they could've dine much better with TFA. I thought the casting for Kylo Ren was not good, reminded me of teen angst Anakin. Shouldn't they have attempted to have him look like the offspring of Han and Scary Fisher? Yeesh, she's been road hard and put away wet. All I could think of when she was on screen was the song, Prop Me Up By the Jukebox When I Die. Sounds like it was a miracle they got that much out of her.

I don't understand why some of you seem to take any criticism so personally. Are some of you Disney producers or JJ Abrams or George Lucas? This was simply a regurgitation of prior work. Sure some of it likely was necessary for moving forward but felt they really lacked creativity. It was still one of the better chapters in the series but it could've been so much more.

• Fire 2

I think Adam Driver was terrific in the role of Kylo Ren, maybe I'm in the minority here.

Some of my problem with him is probably just my predisposition against his emo look. Seemed like they went out of their way to make him look like Snape from Harry Potter and add in that he looked absolutely nothing like his parents, well I just wasn't keen on him. I like better character development. I didn't feel they gave enough background on him (didn't make us hate him enough) to have him kill off Han. IMO, he wasn't worthy of that.

I realize I'm being over picky. This always happens when my expectations are too high. If I would've gone in expecting nothing, it probably would've been the greatest movie I ever saw.