What would a bowl game win versus UCLA mean to you?

We freakin' lost to PURDUE.

Time to get over it. It was two losing teams, one lost to the other. Oz lost to a loser in Iowa St., a much worse loss in husker history.
Was NU down 42-16 in that loss to Iowa State. I don't think so.

A top ranked team losing to a below 500 Iowa St team is a better loss than two losing teams squaring off. Really? Now that's some kind of spin.

Time to get over it. It was two losing teams, one lost to the other. Oz lost to a loser in Iowa St., a much worse loss in husker history.

A top ranked team losing to a below 500 Iowa St team is a better loss than two losing teams squaring off. Really? Now that's some kind of spin.
I will forgive TO for losing once to a losing team in his 25 year career at NU. Riley managed to do it twice in the same month this season.
  • Fire 3

A loss is just as meh as a win. There's no real difference between losing 7 or 8 games, just like there's no real difference between 5 & 6 wins.

Even if we get boat raced? A close loss, sure. A blow out? Not so sure, dude.

Is that anything like motorboating, because that may not be so bad...

:D

• Fire 1

A loss is just as meh as a win. There's no real difference between losing 7 or 8 games, just like there's no real difference between 5 & 6 wins.

What would you define as a blowout loss? Cue numerous tangential posts about blowouts in 3....2....1.

I'd say anything north of a 17-point differential. 28-14 feels competitive-ish. 35-14 is starting to feel and taste (yes, taste) like a blow-out. Also, the higher the total score, the bigger the margin needed to constitue a blow-out. 20-3 feels more blow-outty than 35-14 or 42-21. If one team is shut out, even 14 points can qualify. There is a method to blow-out analytics. Indeed, the upper-division coursebook has an entire chapter titled, "Adjusting for Garbage Time."

Is that anything like motorboating, because that may not be so bad... :D

You motorboating son of a bitch!

We lost a lot of games, lost to Purdue, but that same Purdue team had Michigan State on the ropes to. All of us hate the losses, but it is a chance to see the kids play, more practice and hopefully a good show in California, where the kids are we want to recruit. Lot of talent in the LA area, and kids that are looking at UCLA may be moved.

National TV on a Saturday night, can not hurt us with a win.

And if UCLA is not ready to play, I will say the same thing when we claimed it against Washington. Lack of preparation/coaching. You play the game to win.

If we can pull it off, this board will become a little more bearable I think.

I listen to Mark Packer on XM. He hates the over abundance of bowl games and 5-7 teams playing in bowls. He made very positive remarks about Nebraska and how close they were, and how heartbreaking the games were, yet they showed up every game to play. Not a Nebraska fan, but felt we are a lot better than our record shows. That is important, and most talking heads seem to feel the same way.

I would hate to be a fan that only saw the team in win or lose scenario. The kids give it their best, my guess a lot harder than most on here do their jobs if they have jobs.

I am tying to convince the wife to go, but they are forecasting rain and snow on Monday. she is like a lot of you, do not deserve to be in a bowl game, and does not want to travel a 1000 miles to watch them. May go by myself this time.

More time learning the system more time getting to know their head coach and position coaches, more time on the field, can not hurt them I don't think.

• Fire 1

Unless we take care of UCLA like we did vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl i won't be overly confident in things going into next year.

What does a win mean? Well, its a Nebraska win so that is good and always better than a loss. But really, a loss to UCLA won't make me that upset as we shouldn't even be in this bowl game in the first place.

I will forgive TO for losing once to a losing team in his 25 year career at NU. Riley managed to do it twice in the same month this season.

Riley's first year, TO's 15-16 or somewhere in there. Much bigger loss. Not that I care, but the bitching over losing o Purdue is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Stop bitching about it. It meant nothing.

Unless we take care of UCLA like we did vs Arizona in the Holiday Bowl i won't be overly confident in things going into next year.

What does a win mean? Well, its a Nebraska win so that is good and always better than a loss. But really, a loss to UCLA won't make me that upset as we shouldn't even be in this bowl game in the first place.

The rules say we should.