Question gong forward

HuskerJax

Great win, fun game to watch. Loved the power offense and the o line domination. So, is there a chance this is closer to our offense identity next year? Or, was this a one time game plan by the coaches knowing how to exploit ucla weaknesses?

I really hope this is our identity, however, deep down, I think it's temporary and it makes me sad.

even MR figured out they could run over UCLA........i am also sure after the Iowa debacle, he didn't want to risk 3-4 pics again and TA throwing 30+ passes........unfortunately, i don't believe the tiger has changed his stripes.....MR prefers the flashy pass game of a UCLA first..........

MR also prefers to "trick" the defense, too. Some coaches just want to show how smart they are.

even MR figured out they could run over UCLA........i am also sure after the Iowa debacle, he didn't want to risk 3-4 pics again and TA throwing 30+ passes........unfortunately, i don't believe the tiger has changed his stripes.....MR prefers the flashy pass game of a UCLA first..........

MR also prefers to "trick" the defense, too. Some coaches just want to show how smart they are.

the end around to Cethan Carter was frosting on the cake......nice touch.

• Fire 1

got to give nu credit for over 500 yrs offense, souther cal only musterd 400 yrds....then again, colorado had 500 yds, though they did it mostly through the air, but still postivie for the cornhuskers... one bright spot for nu, freshman running back ozigbo....

i did not like the coaching from nu...why did they not leave ozigbo in late in the game, as far as i was concerned, he is the nu stud out there, a power runner, eveyone eles takes a second seat to him

the defense, they went with 4 down lineman against ucla late in the game, should have rushed 5 at least. it was noted the ucla qb did not like pressure, and nu still rushed 4, and ucla was marching down the field in huge chunks

even the tv broadcasters were complaining of nu play calling

got to give nu credit for over 500 yrs offense, souther cal only musterd 400 yrds....then again, colorado had 500 yds, though they did it mostly through the air, but still postivie for the cornhuskers... one bright spot for nu, freshman running back ozigbo....

i did not like the coaching from nu...why did they not leave ozigbo in late in the game, as far as i was concerned, he is the nu stud out there, a power runner, eveyone eles takes a second seat to him

the defense, they went with 4 down lineman against ucla late in the game, should have rushed 5 at least. it was noted the ucla qb did not like pressure, and nu still rushed 4, and ucla was marching down the field in huge chunks

even the tv broadcasters were complaining of nu play calling

i think Riley and Banks were respecting the speed a little bit by dropping more guys back and limiting the rush........but you could also see Rosen being effective when given extra time to throw.

and agree, Ziggy will only get better......he is Imani with a touch more speed and moves.

Handing the Pac-12 their first bowl loss this year had to be especially gratifying for Riley, given his past with the conference. His staff also brings home a trophy to remind them how it all went down: "Hey! Remember the bowl game in 2015 when we decided to just to run the ball down Mora's throat and how fun that was?"

one big postivie for me this year....it was not the looses that bothered me that much,,,it was nu was not blown out of games like penili teams were...it a sign the defense is going in a postitive direction...i quess its easy to be sunday qb coach....nu won, thats whats matter, due to the fact they were 5.5 pt underdogs, congrats to a good win

There were a lot of positives to take away, but I was really struck by how little penetration Nebraska's defensive line gets on pass plays. Our D looks like beasts against the run, but allows even mediocre QBs to take their time and make flat-footed throws against an often overmatched Nebraska secondary. Is it possible we wouldn't miss Valentine and Collins as much as we think we will?

Is it possible we miss Randy Gregory more than we thought? Reallly need somebody fast coming around those ends.

• Fire 1

I'd like to think so. Of course, I thought that after the Minnesota game. And against after the Michigan State game.

But I was a little more hopeful this time until I ran across this:

Here's the rub: Utter, Nebraska's junior left guard, said the Huskers thought they could have success running the ball "just because UCLA isn't as big and physical as some of the Big Ten teams. We knew we could pound the rock."

LJS

If you don't have the mind-set that you can pound the rock against people, it's unlikely to happen.

I'd like to think so. Of course, I thought that after the Minnesota game. And against after the Michigan State game.

But I was a little more hopeful this time until I ran across this:

Here's the rub: Utter, Nebraska's junior left guard, said the Huskers thought they could have success running the ball "just because UCLA isn't as big and physical as some of the Big Ten teams. We knew we could pound the rock."

LJS

If you don't have the mind-set that you can pound the rock against people, it's unlikely to happen.

*cough* Maybe because we have Utter in at guard and not an actual OLineman. *cough*