GT: Indiana at Nebraska - 3PM CT - BTN

olD69BD.pngpICUawl.pngEG42u7n.png
January 2, 2016
3pm CT - BTN
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

Indiana Hoosiers 11-3, 1-0 (Last: 79-72 W vs Rutgers)
vs
Nebraska Cornhuskers 8-6, 0-1 (Last: 81-72 L vs Northwestern)

Big Ten Standings
Northwestern 1-0, 13-1

Purdue 1-0, 13-1

Maryland 1-0, 12-1

Indiana 1-0, 11-3

Michigan 1-0, 11-3
Iowa 1-0, 10-3

Ohio State 1-0, 9-5

Michigan State 0-1, 13-1
Penn State 0-1, 9-5
Illinois 0-1, 9-5
Nebraska 0-1, 8-6

Wisconsin 0-1, 8-6
Minnesota 0-1, 6-7
Rutgers 0-1, 6-8

Head Coaches
Indiana Tom Crean (322-210, 131-114 at Indiana)

Nebraska Tim Miles (338-275, 55-55 at Nebraska)

Injury Report
Indiana
G - James Blackmon Jr - Knee - Questionable

Nebraska
No injuries to report

Scouting Indiana
Indiana enters Saturday’s game with an 11-3 mark following a seven-point win at Rutgers on Wednesday. The Hoosiers have won six straight since a loss at Duke on Dec. 2, including a win over Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic in Indianapolis. The Hoosiers’ other two losses came against Wake Forest and UNLV in the Maui Invitational.

Indiana returned four starters and nine letterwinners from a team that went 20-14 before losing to Wichita State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Under eighth-year coach Tom Crean, Indiana has the Big Ten’s top offensive attack, leading the conference in points per game (88.4), field goal percentage (.533) and 3-point percentage (.449) while ranking fourth in rebounding (+7.8 per game).
Senior point guard Yogi Ferrell is one of the Big Ten’s top performers, as he averages 16.4 points and 6.0 assists per game to rank in the top six in both categories. He is one of four Indiana players averaging double figures. Troy Williams averages 13.6 points and a team-high 6.9 rebounds per game, while freshman Thomas Bryant averages 11.5 points on 72 percent shooting and 4.9 caroms per game. The Hoosiers may be without one of their top players, as James Blackmon Jr. (15.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg) missed the Rutgers game with an injury and his status is undetermined.
  • Fire 1

Love to be wrong, but this is a tough match-up for us. I only give us about a 25% chance at winning today. Then on to the inevitable pounding AT Iowa on Tuesday likely puts us at 0-3 with a roadie at Rutgers next Saturday looming at an 0-4 conference start. (someone please explain to me why Delaney and the Big Schedulers have us playing AT Iowa every year, but rarely have them traveling to Lincoln? Shouldn't this be a natural geographical rivalry??)

Hoping they prove me wrong and gain some traction by upsetting Indy today, but I fear this team is turning into last year by just substituting White for Terran.

Well, I've tried to be positive about this team going into every game I've cared to watch this season, and they've found the same ways to fall flat on their faces in each of them. Nebraska won't be able to compete at a high level until they find a center.

Morrow would be good--if he was about 3" taller. Until then, unless Nebraska catches lightning in a bottle (which means a ridiculous 3PT-shooting %) they're not going to win many games in the Big Ten.

Well, I've tried to be positive about this team going into every game I've cared to watch this season, and they've found the same ways to fall flat on their faces in each of them. Nebraska won't be able to compete at a high level until they find a center.

Morrow would be good--if he was about 3" taller. Until then, unless Nebraska catches lightning in a bottle (which means a ridiculous 3PT-shooting %) they're not going to win many games in the Big Ten.

And a PG that can drive to the paint and finish or kick it to a shooter.