TE Chase Allen [Iowa State - Signed LOI]

Haspula

Do we really need another TE?

I think a couple of big time TE's could pay dividends! We have been TE poor for awhile, Reed was our last true threat at TE but then the coaching staff forgot he even existed. A legit TE can be a matchup nightmare, not to mention if we want to get to a true power running team (or the Stanford model everyone is currently saying we should become) we need to be able to line up in 2 TE formations that are capable of running the ball down the other teams throat, but also capable of exposing a weak LB in pass coverage against a stud like this kid or others could be.

Dead period update. Not a lot has changed but a couple different names on and off the list.

Priority:

DT - Not much that is known.

DE - Unfortunately the same as DT.

OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles.

WR - Two small burners. Need at least one big yet.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 1 - PATRICK O'BRIEN

RB - 1-2 - TRE BRYANT, Kingston Davis

WR - 3-4 - JD SPIELMAN, DERRION GRIM, Desmond Fitzpatrick, Isaiah Simmons

TE - 2-3 - JACK STOLL, Tony Poljan

OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Alaric Jackson, Stewart Reese, Royce Newman

OG/C - 3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, BOE WILSON

DT - 2-3 - Amir Watts

DE - 2-3 - BEN STILLE, Mykelle McDaniel

LB - 4-5 - QUAYSHON ALEXANDER, GREG SIMMONS, David Reese, Cameron Goode

CB - 2-3 - DICAPRIO BOOTLE, Maurice Chandler (JUCO), Lamar Jackson

S - 2-3 - MARQUEL DISMUKE, JoJo DOMANN, Brandon Drayton, Eric Burrell, Nehemiah Augustus, Markell Simmons (JUCO), Tony Butler

P/K - 1 - CALEB LIGHTBOURN

Carry on, we do want another TE. Would love to add Chase! Need that type of height as a receiving threat. Red zone situations will be lobs all day.

I suppose Carter was, but didn't seem to get used until later in the season. He had an ok season 24 rec 329yds and 2 TDs but I'm thinking more like Hunter Henry, the kid from Arkansas. 46 rec 647 and 3 TDs. Yes I realize he only had 1 more TD than Carter but he was more of a factor in their offenses as a whole, and defenses had to really game plan to stop him.

If we have a TE or 2 who the defensive coordinators really have to worry about then that would mean a lot more 1 on 1 coverage on our stud receivers. That would really improve our passing game and offense overall