TE Chase Allen [Iowa State - Signed LOI]

Haspula

He is a 4.0 student with a 33 act score who wants to major in engineering. Smart kid. He will learn fast and has the athletic ability to do the job. I love this prospect. Academics will be huge for him. Does Michigan have a better engineering program than Nebraska? Or does Minnesota? That will be where he ends up... Best engineering program. I don't think he'll go far from home to fl state.

He is a 4.0 student with a 33 act score who wants to major in engineering. Smart kid. He will learn fast and has the athletic ability to do the job. I love this prospect. Academics will be huge for him. Does Michigan have a better engineering program than Nebraska? Or does Minnesota? That will be where he ends up... Best engineering program. I don't think he'll go far from home to fl state.

Minnesota and Michigan probably have a better engineering program than we do if you count all the departments. We definitely have our strengths, such as mechanical. But, Minnesota and Michigan are very very good engineering schools. Don't think that rules us out necessarily however.

Just speaking from experience as I'm currently in the ME program at UNL and considered all three universities.

Little late in the process. Don't see this one happening.

There are players we have offered a week before signing day that have committed sight unseen. Never too late in the process.

He will be visiting after the dead period, or so he said.

I know but those are usually on players where we are their best offer and they are our backup recruits. This guy has FSU and Michigan offers that have probably been recruiting him for awhile. Not saying we don't have a chance, but it's a pretty big long shot if you offer these type of recruits less than a month before NSD

I suppose Carter was, but didn't seem to get used until later in the season. He had an ok season 24 rec 329yds and 2 TDs but I'm thinking more like Hunter Henry, the kid from Arkansas. 46 rec 647 and 3 TDs. Yes I realize he only had 1 more TD than Carter but he was more of a factor in their offenses as a whole, and defenses had to really game plan to stop him.

If we have a TE or 2 who the defensive coordinators really have to worry about then that would mean a lot more 1 on 1 coverage on our stud receivers. That would really improve our passing game and offense overall

Thats because he was injured at the beginning of the season.

Visiting Michigan this weekend.

Langsdorf will be in-home on the 14th. Oklahoma State coach in-home that day as well.

Has basketball games the weekend of the 22nd so not sure if he can take a visit that weekend.

Looking at Oklahoma State, Arkansas and Nebraska for visits. Also considering Minnesota, Iowa State, Florida State and Missouri.