Coaching candidates

Really? How much 'goodwill' does Scott Frost really have? He shunned NU and Tom Osborne's scholarship offers to go with Bill Walsh and the West Coast offense and he was a small town Nebraska kid with NU family ties. Why does everyone seem to have such a crush on Scott Frost? He was a great athlete and did well as a Nebraska QB although he would have been an outstanding LB or tight end or Defensive end or whatever position. Probably a great punter too. But a head coach ? I think we need to see a great deal more production frankly.

Today...

Scott Frost adds to his staff at UCF... Barrett Rudd (former Nebraska superstar).

This is Scott Frost... giving us a hint... letting the husker nation know he's still one of us... and that he's thinking about us.

BR is the second staff member Frost has hired with Nebraska ties.

Don't be naïve people... this is an unspoken message.

• Fire 1

Today...

Scott Frost adds to his staff at UCF... Barrett Rudd (former Nebraska superstar).

This is Scott Frost... giving us a hint... letting the husker nation know he's still one of us... and that he's thinking about us.

The most obvious message is a young coach wanting to hire guys he knows and trusts --- his budddies.

It's a bit more naive to think he's trying to send Nebraska fans a coded message.

But sure. Why not.

Today...

The most obvious message is a young coach wanting to hire guys he knows and trusts --- his budddies.

It's a bit more naive to think he's trying to send Nebraska fans a coded message.

But sure. Why not.

OMG......he's hiring his buddies.

Really? How much 'goodwill' does Scott Frost really have? He shunned NU and Tom Osborne's scholarship offers to go with Bill Walsh and the West Coast offense and he was a small town Nebraska kid with NU family ties. Why does everyone seem to have such a crush on Scott Frost? He was a great athlete and did well as a Nebraska QB although he would have been an outstanding LB or tight end or Defensive end or whatever position. Probably a great punter too. But a head coach ? I think we need to see a great deal more production frankly.

I agree he still has a lot to prove on the coaching side

If Scott Frost & UCF somehow beat Michigan in 2016, I think this board may explode. Also Riley may need to find a bomb shelter to live in.

I'm sure a team that won zero games last year will go to Ann Arbor and win

I bolded two very important words in my post.

The only question is by how many does Michigan win by 40 or 50 :hellloooo

I'm going to get risky and say they only win by 27.

Today...

But sure. Why not.

I said "Husker Nation".

That's not just fans... it's also major boosters and regents.

The message has been sent.

Will they hear it or will they continue to stumble and bumble along like they have for the last 15 years ?

Hard to tell.

Turner Gill sent a message, too. He could not have been more clear that he wanted to be hired as Nebraska head football coach.

Not sure if that was a stumble or a bumble.

If you remember, most of Husker Nation - including myself and Tom Osborne - thought Bo Pelini was the smarter hire. But we certainly would have embraced Turner.