Valentine declares for the draft

Sure glad to see Kevin Williams coming back. Good luck to VV.

There is talk that Williams is ready to walk away. He'll have his Master's in May and is sick of being injured/hurt all the time.

I'm fairly sure he's gone. I was told we were losing 4 D-line guys. So with Collins and VV and the likely hood of Williams that would be 3. Unless they were county Barry as a being on the Dline as a Rush End, that would be 3 of the 4. If they had MB on line then that's all 4 likely to leave. I was told Bush on the offense, 1 RB and 2-4 o-line looking a possibly leaving. Not sure on names on O line.
Wait, hadn't heard that Barry was leaving. Where's he going? I thought the coaches were pretty high on him

Rumor is he's upset he was promised playing time this year. He had his issues then ended up with the 2s but wasn't happy they don't get to see much practice time to improve his status. He had some tweets about moving on a week or so back. I'm not sure if he got settled down or not. But more or less sounds like he was frustrated he was the man in high school and was told he'd be the man then kind of got frustrated when people were better than him.

This is silly. He got hurt in fall camp and missed a big portion (or all) of the year, right? I saw him in a sling on the sidelines when I was standing behind the bench during warmups at the Wisconsin game.

There is talk that Williams is ready to walk away. He'll have his Master's in May and is sick of being injured/hurt all the time.

I'm fairly sure he's gone. I was told we were losing 4 D-line guys. So with Collins and VV and the likely hood of Williams that would be 3. Unless they were county Barry as a being on the Dline as a Rush End, that would be 3 of the 4. If they had MB on line then that's all 4 likely to leave. I was told Bush on the offense, 1 RB and 2-4 o-line looking a possibly leaving. Not sure on names on O line.
Wait, hadn't heard that Barry was leaving. Where's he going? I thought the coaches were pretty high on him

Rumor is he's upset he was promised playing time this year. He had his issues then ended up with the 2s but wasn't happy they don't get to see much practice time to improve his status. He had some tweets about moving on a week or so back. I'm not sure if he got settled down or not. But more or less sounds like he was frustrated he was the man in high school and was told he'd be the man then kind of got frustrated when people were better than him.

This is silly. He got hurt in fall camp and missed a big portion (or all) of the year, right? I saw him in a sling on the sidelines when I was standing behind the bench during warmups at the Wisconsin game.

Silly or not that's whats being said. So far the info has been right with Collins and VV. We will see on Bush and Barry pretty soon. I hope the guy is talking out his a##.

We loose some of our most talented players this year on the offensive line and defensive line.

Next year we loose even more of our talented players at all positions.

I've always said that Riley's best chances to win at Nebraska were this year and next year (which is the main reason the last staff was let go when they were).

I don't know why there has to be a narrative of disliking the scheme or not getting along with the coaches. VV could love the scheme and think of Banker as his second father, and he still would have very good reasons to make this move.

There were merits to VV staying, there are merits to him going. He weighed everything, he made this decision, and I support him. Here's hoping he makes a splash at the next level.

Definitely. The selfish side of me says stay, but if he is honestly got a fourth round grade, it's time to jump. He has all but started 3 years now, another year will make little difference. Accomplish a dream and get paid doing what you are good at and maybe what you love. Best of luck Vincent.

I hate it.. VV goes in the 6-7 round at best. Maybe the Dolphins will grab him or Collins to play next to Suh..

What makes you say that?

Recall that the draft advisory board only issues three grades now: 1st round, 2nd round or neither. I think in previous years, he would have received "as high as the third round." Yes, he has health concerns, but when he's on the field, he's got a great motor and great mobility, despite his size. His health is really a reason to go early, not to stay longer (an extra year of "staying healthy" means nothing to the NFL and is just another year of general wear and tear, risk of major injury and missed income).

My bet is that he's probably gotten some unofficial predictions that he'll go before 5th round.

I don't think he's making a mistake at all.

Sidenote: what i find interesting is that apparently schools are limited to requesting 5 underclassmen evaluations per year. I wonder how teams sort that out, and I wonder if a team like OSU, who had 9 declare early, gets an exception because it's understood they have more NFL prospects than a MAC team, for example.

Well they gotta be guards or centers...don't think there are that many tackles on the entire team

I really think Valentine would have benefited tremendously by coming back. Collins, not as much.

He has good size, and I get the DT spot isn't as much as a stat stuffing postion, but I thought Maurice out played him this season.

How would have Valentine benefited by coming back for another year at NU? I'm just curious to why so many people are saying this.

I find it surprising. IMO, he was our fourth best DT last year after Collins and the Kevins. He just never really lived up to the hype, IMO. I think he would have been better served staying another year, showcasing his stats without having to play in Collins' shadow, and hopefully proving to scouts that he can get through a full season without major injury.

I really think Valentine would have benefited tremendously by coming back. Collins, not as much.

He has good size, and I get the DT spot isn't as much as a stat stuffing postion, but I thought Maurice out played him this season.

How would have Valentine benefited by coming back for another year at NU? I'm just curious to why so many people are saying this.

Because it would have given him a chance to actually show that he's a dominant athlete at the DT position and not just a guy who occasionally makes a play when he's not taking plays off or in the shop getting repairs for a bum wheel.

• Fire 1

Because it would have given him a chance to actually show that he's a dominant athlete at the DT position and not just a guy who occasionally makes a play when he's not taking plays off or in the shop getting repairs for a bum wheel.

I still don't see how he would have gone into the top 2 rounds by coming back for another year at NU. There was always going to be doubts about him from NFL scouts. Now, he doesn't have to worry about getting injured again while at NU, and he can prove himself to NFL scouts. The guy has the size and quickness to make it in the NFL. Yes, there are doubts about his motor and willing to play through injuries, and that will cause VV's draft position to be in the 4-6 round range. But, he's just hoping to get drafted and go from there. I can totally understand why he's doing this.

• Fire 2

I find it surprising. IMO, he was our fourth best DT last year after Collins and the Kevins. He just never really lived up to the hype, IMO. I think he would have been better served staying another year, showcasing his stats without having to play in Collins' shadow, and hopefully proving to scouts that he can get through a full season without major injury.

I understand what you are saying, but NFL guys don't draft players from their college stats. They draft guys on their skills and their potential to be a good-great NFL player.

• Fire 1