Country Music

Which country? There's some incredible music coming out of Pakistan in recent years, but I s'pose that's the wrong country... I don't follow Mur-can country music that much, since it became mostly that commercialized, Nashville stuff about pick 'em up trucks and the like I do like, however, the older, more down and dirty, soul wrenching, real sufferin' country music, can't think of any of the artists right now. Out here in Appalachia they have a deep and rich tradition of down hope, finger pickin' country/hillbilly/rockabilly(Elvis style) music that still lives today--really good stuff. Good ol' story tellers.

Anyway, a friend of mine quit being a carpenter and moved down to Nashville and got a gig as a country song writer. But he got in a bad car wreck and it left him pretty much a vegetable. Bad deal.

I like this Zac Brown guy, maybe more country "crossover" music, but real good stuff.

gettyimages-476616354-zbb-x600.jpg?width

Justin Townes Earle. that's good stuff. most of the new stuff is repetitive garbage. the 90s had some killer music.

A couple of years back I heard country tune that included a lyric about a pick 'em up truck and ticks. "I wanna take you out in the back of my pick 'em up truck to the sticks....I wanna check you for ticks." Wow, pure poetry right thar', sheesh.

did they mention sweet tea?? you cant write a country song these days without sweet tea.

Hmm, sweet tea, that must be a new "innovation". Another marketing ploy. Sweet tea is the cool thing these days, I guess, evrybody's selling sweet tea:

arizona-sweet-tea-real-121131.jpg

Well, add it to "momma, prison, pick 'em up trucks, railroad tracks, gun racks, and lost my wallet" and the like. Ticks, though, still an outlier when it comes to country, or any, lyrics.