I Hope That Tyronn Lue Becomes A Great Coach, But I Know That Lebron Will Ruin Him

http://deepinthefields.blogspot.com/2016/01/former-nebraskan-basketball-star-tyronn.html

http://deepinthefields.blogspot.com/2016/01/bron-needs-to-stop-being-basic-bitch.html

I don't know about other people here, but I'm generally curious about how Tyronn Lue does at the Cavaliers. Football is the big sport at Nebraska, but I have a thirst for some Nebrasketball success that we haven't seen in a long time. Could Tyronn Lue become a positive image and use his place to give back to the program? Maybe that is too selfish because of all of the problems he has to deal with in the form of Bron Bron. Regardless, I hope he becomes someone like Doc Rivers who transitions from a middle level NBA player to an upper crust NBA coach and enjoys a long successful career.

Is that feeling based just on the fact you don't like Lebron or is there something deeper you can share?

Lebron's ego has grown unabated into a monstrosity, but even he has to realize that his relationship with Lue as his HC has to work. While he will never own up to it, it is obvious that he was instrumental in Blatt's removal. He had passively made his disdain for Blatt obvious over the past season and a half, and the firing of the head coach of a team in Cleveland's position is unprecedented. When the dust settles, Lebron is going to find himself in a situation where it is championship or failure, and there really isn't anyone left around him that he can convincingly point a finger at when that championship isn't realized.

I actually see this as a good thing for Lue. He enjoys the good fortune of taking over a team that is going to win a lot of games in the near future. That will pad his resume, and if things go pear-shaped, the blame probably isn't going to be directed at him. That won't necessarily guarantee him a long head coaching career, but it's better than getting your first shot with a dysfunctional organization that won't afford an opportunity to win on a nightly basis.

• 1 month later...

IF it becomes a "Lue vs. LeBron" battle, my money is on Lue. I think he is the stronger personality there. He already set the tone when he refused to call a time out to bail out James and company when they let a big lead slip:

"They were looking for me to bail them out ... but I wouldn't call a timeout," Lue said. "I wouldn't even look at them. I was like, 'Y'all dug this hole, now get out of it.' Guys stuck together and we continued to fight in overtime and won the game." --Tyrone Lue, Cavaliers Coach on their win over the Pacers