Bray, Williams Get Contract Extensions

Mavric

What did Williams get a raise for? Failing to close?

Because he turned Alonzo Moore and Brandon Reilly in to quality players.

Their potential was maxed. I wouldn't call them quality.

Oh dear lord, get off your high horse. Yeah, it sucks we lost out on a highly touted WR recruit, but if you're ignorantly going to spew this crap and not realize the progress the WRs on the team made this year - then there is no hope. They were one of the few bright spots on the team this year and a lot of that is due to Williams. He's a hell of a coach and respected at the college and pro ranks. If you're so butt hurt that an 17/18 year old kid decided go elsewhere, it might be best to log off and reevaluate your priorities.

Don't worry about my priorities. You appear to be way more butt hurt about my post than I am about missing out on a recruit. I'm not butt hurt, and I'm willing to bet you will say you are not butt hurt. I understand that you think Williams is a bright spot, and you claim he is well respected within the ranks. But he failed at bringing in the 4 star. And the winners bring in the 4 star in the modern game.

Oh dear lord, get off your high horse. Yeah, it sucks we lost out on a highly touted WR recruit, but if you're ignorantly going to spew this crap and not realize the progress the WRs on the team made this year - then there is no hope. They were one of the few bright spots on the team this year and a lot of that is due to Williams. He's a hell of a coach and respected at the college and pro ranks. If you're so butt hurt that an 17/18 year old kid decided go elsewhere, it might be best to log off and reevaluate your priorities.

Don't worry about my priorities. You appear to be way more butt hurt about my post than I am about missing out on a recruit. I'm not butt hurt, and I'm willing to bet you will say you are not butt hurt. I understand that you think Williams is a bright spot, and you claim he is well respected within the ranks. But he failed at bringing in the 4 star. And the winners bring in the 4 star in the modern game.

I don't have to claim he is well respected, the facts support that he is. You wouldn't have NFL players, with no allegiance to the school, come train with him if he wasn't respected. But you're right, because he failed to land a 4-star recruit he doesn't deserve a raise. Never mind the fact he was lead recruiter on our other WR commits and secondary recruiter on Dismuke. As far as me being butt hurt, it's more a frustration with guys like you constantly blasting the coaches and lack of instant success time after time after time.

Instant success is not just a requirement in today's game, it's a measurable. See Tom Herman. Among, several other examples just from the past couple years.

Tom Herman failed to keep Jordan Elliot from decommiting, even though the kid grew up in Houston. Therefore, using your logic, he doesn't deserve any sort of raise and is just a mediocre coach.

• Fire 1

What do you mean their potential was maxed? Did you not watch Alonzo in the 2014? He literally couldn't catch a thing to save his life. Now he's our best deep threat along with Reilly. Not quality players? Jesus man pull your head out.
  • Fire 5

Way to leverage innuendo. Williams must be a hell of recruiter?

I've seen a few different local reporters say the raises are likely due in large part to protecting them from outside attention while also rewarding their abilities as two of the best recruiters on the staff.

I will also say that, in my opinion, Bray had those linebackers playing pretty well come season's end, especially when you consider the scheme changes/youth he had to work with throughout the season. Improvement is a must, but, I thought things were definitely trending up in that category come season's end when compared to the early season games.

• Fire 1

Anyone know if Williams was involved with the recruitment of Jackson? I'll be damned, he was.

He was his secondary recruiter behind Stewart, who was the main recruiter.

Not trying to discredit Stewart but I'm pretty sure it was Williams and his connections to Jackson that did most of the work.

Anyone know if Williams was involved with the recruitment of Jackson? I'll be damned, he was.

He was his secondary recruiter behind Stewart, who was the main recruiter.

Not trying to discredit Stewart but I'm pretty sure it was Williams and his connections to Jackson that did most of the work.

nice! I didn't know that. My comment was a more tongue in cheek remark towards frustrated husker fan and the nonsense he was posting over the last 36 hours. However, I see the mods keep doing the good work and ridding this place of people who seem to care more about derailing threads with comments like his than actually providing valuable insight.