Signed - TE David Engelhaupt

seaofred92

Will we be mad at him for breaking his commitment this close to signing day?

Unless he made Wyoming cancel other official visitor options and then left after the school had the opportunity to bring in another TE visitor than no

You think he gave them any indication that they should be looking to replace a guy who's been committed for 7 months?

He never had an option before now. Not really a fair comparison

Yeah.... I think the only difference is which side of the coin we're on.

• Fire 2

Unless he made Wyoming cancel other official visitor options and then left after the school had the opportunity to bring in another TE visitor than no

You think he gave them any indication that they should be looking to replace a guy who's been committed for 7 months?

True. But with Fitz he dumped us for his original choice. Dumping Wyoming for your home state Nebraska would be a bit more understandable.

True. But with Fitz he dumped us for his original choice. Dumping Wyoming for your home state Nebraska would be a bit more understandable.

Understandable for us because we're on the "right" side of this one.

• Fire 1

Don't get me wrong, he's absolutely screwing Wyoming if he leaves and comes here. Nobody is denying that. But these scenarios aren't as comparable as you're making them out to be. I think this situation compares much more to Simmons' situation than Fitzpatricks. People are upset about Simmons but nobody blames him for taking an offer from Clemson at this point. Dez told our coaches this meant "nothing" and he was taking a free trip which led to us cancelling an OV from someone else, and went to freakin Louisville, after he has had the opportunity to OV there for the past however many months with a commitable offer. This kid got an offer yesterday. They're different situations.

• Fire 2

I agree, it's very similar and we would be happy since we would be winning. But I don't think it's nearly as shady as the Fitz situation.

I agree, it's very similar and we would be happy since we would be winning. But I don't think it's nearly as shady as the Fitz situation.

Shadiness and deception is the problem i have.

Were people furious with Anchrum? He did the same to us but went to Clemson. I don't remember people being furious, I remember people being upset but again it was understandable. And there was tons of time left in the recruiting cycle.

People understood it was Clemson, not Petrino and Louisville.
The Anchrum situation is different than Fitz. Desmond had committed to the staff and was actually peer recruiting for Nebraska. Things happened and he kept the staff out of the loop and wasn't truthful about this last visit to Louisville.

Were people furious with Anchrum? He did the same to us but went to Clemson. I don't remember people being furious, I remember people being upset but again it was understandable. And there was tons of time left in the recruiting cycle.

People understood it was Clemson, not Petrino and Louisville.
The Anchrum situation is different than Fitz. Desmond had committed to the staff and was actually peer recruiting for Nebraska. Things happened and he kept the staff out of the loop and wasn't truthful about this last visit to Louisville.

Exactly. Where as this scenario he goes and says "Look, Im sorry but my home state Nebraska made a late offer and I can't turn it down". Then his Dad DOESN'T take to Twitter to slam Wyoming.

Don't get me wrong, he's absolutely screwing Wyoming if he leaves and comes here. Nobody is denying that. But these scenarios aren't as comparable as you're making them out to be. I think this situation compares much more to Simmons' situation than Fitzpatricks. People are upset about Simmons but nobody blames him for taking an offer from Clemson at this point. Dez told our coaches this meant "nothing" and he was taking a free trip which led to us cancelling an OV from someone else, and went to freakin Louisville, after he has had the opportunity to OV there for the past however many months with a commitable offer. This kid got an offer yesterday. They're different situations.

Agree with this take.

We are screwing Wyoming by stealing one of their recruits late, but Englehaupt's situation is different than Fitz.

A part of it is also perception. If NU'd lost Fitzgerald to Bama or OSU, some's attitude about it would be different since those schools are the best-of-the-best types. Losing a recruit in the manner NU lost Fitzgerald, to a program thats traditionally perceived to be on a lower tier than NU, stings. Going from Wyoming to NU is perceived as an understandable major upgrade.

Agree with this take.

We are screwing Wyoming by stealing one of their recruits late, but Englehaupt's situation is different than Fitz.

But what about the recruit? If Engelhaupt is good enough to play on a power five team shouldn't he get the opportunity? Or is there some unwritten set of genteel rules that prevents us from offering him that opportunity so as not to offend the Wyoming coaching staff?

It happens.

Agree with this take.

But what about the recruit? If Engelhaupt is good enough to play on a power five team shouldn't he get the opportunity? Or is there some unwritten set of genteel rules that prevents us from offering him that opportunity so as not to offend the Wyoming coaching staff?

It happens.

I don't fault Engelhaupt for upgrading to NU. Just like I can't really fault Simmons for upgrading to Clemson (although I don't like it).

Agree with this take.

It happens.

I don't fault Engelhaupt for upgrading to NU. Just like I can't really fault Simmons for upgrading to Clemson (although I don't like it).

Yeah, I feel the same way. It just natural that there will be some late adjustments to recruiting rosters. Like market adjustments in a free market economy.