Signed - TE David Engelhaupt

seaofred92

I think there are plenty of our current recruits who have a dream school, who if they offered might drop us... Maybe not...

It is part of the game. I feel bad for Wyoming, but just shows how much harder it is when the trickle down effect starts.

Clemson loses a top prospect so they go get a 2nd tier guy for them who was a 1st tier for Nebraska. Nebraska then steals a 1st tier kid from Wyoming and then Wyoming steals from a SDSU type.

Part of recruiting and while it is a bummer, cant fault the kids for taking a dream offer.

He's good enough. IMO he's actually a just as good TE prospect as Fant and Bubak.

I know "stars and rankings don't mean anything" but this guy ranks lower than our punter on 247.

Yeah, but for all we know that punter is amazing.... Have you seen him kick?!

You could be right. I would just prefer to see skill position players ranked a bit higher than kickers is all. No fault of his.

Will we be mad at him for breaking his commitment this close to signing day?

Unless he made Wyoming cancel other official visitor options and then left after the school had the opportunity to bring in another TE visitor than no

You think he gave them any indication that they should be looking to replace a guy who's been committed for 7 months?

He never had an option before now. Not really a fair comparison

Yeah.... I think the only difference is which side of the coin we're on.

Don't get me wrong, he's absolutely screwing Wyoming if he leaves and comes here. Nobody is denying that. But these scenarios aren't as comparable as you're making them out to be. I think this situation compares much more to Simmons' situation than Fitzpatricks. People are upset about Simmons but nobody blames him for taking an offer from Clemson at this point. Dez told our coaches this meant "nothing" and he was taking a free trip which led to us cancelling an OV from someone else, and went to freakin Louisville, after he has had the opportunity to OV there for the past however many months with a commitable offer. This kid got an offer yesterday. They're different situations.

So, to you, a kid who isn't committed to us choosing to to somewhere else is closer to a kid committed elsewhere flipping to us that a kid committed to us flipping elsewhere.

Interesting logical leap that is.