Texas Recruiting

I think I saw a tweet from someone saying this year breaks a 33 year run of having a Texas recruit in our class.

While that surprises me and wish we could tap into that state more, I really like the pipeline we have coming from California.

That said, this absolutely shocked me.

I have seen comments about how Texas now is saturated with in state schools that take so many of the in state kids. Texas, aTm, Tech, Baylor, TCU, Houston...etc.

However, I am shocked OU doesn't have more than that.

I wonder how many more went to the SEC since aTm is in that conference now?

I think I saw a tweet from someone saying this year breaks a 33 year run of having a Texas recruit in our class.

While that surprises me and wish we could tap into that state more, I really like the pipeline we have coming from California.

I have seen comments about how Texas now is saturated with in state schools that take so many of the in state kids. Texas, aTm, Tech, Baylor, TCU, Houston...etc.

A lot, from what I heard--1310AM The Ticket in DFW had a piece on this AM talking about how the Big XII only had two of the Top 100 prospects in the nation, which was lowest of the P5 conferences (and lower than some mid-major conferences). Both of those prospects were Whorns, but even that was tenuous on account of Strong's results there.

Those prospects that used to go to Oklahoma and Texass are now going to the SEC schools, mainly because of television exposure (families can see them play) and SEC "dominance" on the field (best college players money can buy, right?)

And frankly, this issue dovetails into why Oklahoma is unhappy with the Big XII, and why adding more schools (to...um...12) or adding a conference title game isn't going to fix anything in Oklahoma's eyes--the kids are getting better exposure with the other P5 conferences, and this isn't going to change things anytime soon thanks to Whorn TV.

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked to hear that Oklahoma and X school in the Big XII are moving on--they're finally realizing the mistake they made back in 2010 in hitching their schooner to Bevo, and it's going to impact them in recruiting and brand cache going forward.

there are now so many great football schools in Texas, the kids don't have to leave the state........play in front of their parents most weekends......this will only get more prolific.

I would like to see us get a minimum 1 from Texas, California and the SEC footprint every year.

Well, without Texas this year, 7 of our commits are from that area.

Not bad.

Not bad at all. Just like the idea that we are a national brand, and pulling one from each of those areas every year would solidify that.

I would like to see us get a minimum 1 from Texas, California and the SEC footprint every year.

Well, without Texas this year, 7 of our commits are from that area.

Not bad.

Not bad at all. Just like the idea that we are a national brand, and pulling one from each of those areas every year would solidify that.

Texas will be a tough fight going forward. Kids will stay close to home and play good competition where their parents can drive to most games. We will make up with old texas numbers by getting 2-4 every year from California. I think we will move our Texas effort into Louisiana and further east.

Arkansas got one of the top Running-backs from Texas Whaley. He was committed to Georgia 1st. With Texas, A&M, Baylor, TCU, now Houston plus the Texas States,Rice,SMU, UTEP. UTSA, and the other 10 smaller Texas schools they are not making it out of texas. Some are getting away but not like they were in my opinion.

Almost forgot, State of Texas let 2 Qb's get away. Jalen Hurts from Channelview enrolled early at Bama and Qb from 6A state champs signed with Kansas..