Hank Hughes no longer with team

gbr93

I was hoping for a former Beast of a BLACKSHIRT to come coach the D-Line.. How sweet that could be for recruiting.

Give us a name(s) who would fit that description.

Of coarse i have no Idea if they can coach.. But Winstrom, Peters, to name a few. Who could sell playing D-Line and being a blackShirts better then them?

Please be joking.

Why?

What is Peter going to do as coach, just tell them how he did it in the 90s? Also, any 17 year old kid will have no idea who he is, so it's not like he would be a great recruiter just because of his name.

Nothing against guys like Peter and Wistrom, but they aren't coaches. They are not in the coaching profession, they shouldn't be considered.

I get what yall are saying and probably right. I was thinking more of a recruiting area. I know if former legends walked through my door to recruit me eye would be all ears and eyes. Its mainly a pipe dream i get it.

If the Thompson guy can coach and recruit sign him up.

I was hoping for a former Beast of a BLACKSHIRT to come coach the D-Line.. How sweet that could be for recruiting.

Of coarse i have no Idea if they can coach.. But Winstrom, Peters, to name a few. Who could sell playing D-Line and being a blackShirts better then them?

Mike Welch @RealMikeWelch

Jason Peter can't come on the show today, but did tell me he supports John Parrella for the next #Huskers DL coach.

Please be joking.

Why?

What is Peter going to do as coach, just tell them how he did it in the 90s? Also, any 17 year old kid will have no idea who he is, so it's not like he would be a great recruiter just because of his name.

Nothing against guys like Peter and Wistrom, but they aren't coaches. They are not in the coaching profession, they shouldn't be considered.

I get what yall are saying and probably right. I was thinking more of a recruiting area. I know if former legends walked through my door to recruit me eye would be all ears and eyes. Its mainly a pipe dream i get it.

These high school kids weren't even alive to watch those guys play let alone know who they are

Please be joking.

Why?

But, 17 year old kids outside (or even inside) Nebraska don't even know that Jason Peter and Grant Wistrom are "Husker legends".

Please be joking.

Why?

But, 17 year old kids outside (or even inside) Nebraska don't even know that Jason Peter and Grant Wistrom are "Husker legends".

A lot of the current Nebraska players don't know much about the former players.

Please be joking.

Why?

I can promise you 75% if not more kids that play High School football watch sports center and sports shows. When Nebraska and Defense is mentioned and BlaskShirts are brought up they all use that little thing called YOUTUBE and watch many of highlights of them.

Dude I live in Baytown Texas, We have 3 High schools here and when I wear my Husker gear to games kids always mention stuff new and old. Also we had a kid from right down the street played for the Huskers in the last 6-7 years. Kids these days know alot more then you people want to believe.

• Fire 1

I would say stacking the box had a lot more to do with our defensive rushing totals this year waterloohusker. No doubt we had some talent on the interior D line but if you go back and watch the the games again we weren't very good at shedding blocks with the exception of Collins.

• Fire 3