Hank Hughes no longer with team

gbr93

I would say stacking the box had a lot more to do with our defensive rushing totals this year waterloohusker. No doubt we had some talent on the interior D line but if you go back and watch the the games again we weren't very good at shedding blocks with the exception of Collins.

Good timing on that. I've been trying to say that - plus our opponents simply weren't as good at running the ball.

5vNDfH.jpg

• Fire 1

I was hoping for a former Beast of a BLACKSHIRT to come coach the D-Line.. How sweet that could be for recruiting.

Give us a name(s) who would fit that description.

Of coarse i have no Idea if they can coach.. But Winstrom, Peters, to name a few. Who could sell playing D-Line and being a blackShirts better then them?

Who's Winstrom? I mean, if a hardcore Husker fan like myself doesn't recognize the name, I doubt it will ring true with recruits

:)

• Fire 4

John Parrella could be an interesting candidate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Parrella

Fits the former Husker bill, played for Riley at SD. Jason Peter is giving Parrella his endorsement.

Fun Fact: Northern Michigan is where Tom Izzo went to college and played basketball

I'm not a fan of Jason Peter but I do like John Parrella. And its hard to start a program at any level and have success and he did that for a new high school program.

I was hoping for a former Beast of a BLACKSHIRT to come coach the D-Line.. How sweet that could be for recruiting.

Of coarse i have no Idea if they can coach.. But Winstrom, Peters, to name a few. Who could sell playing D-Line and being a blackShirts better then them?

Who's Winstrom? I mean, if a hardcore Husker fan like myself doesn't recognize the name, I doubt it will ring true with recruits

If you claim to be hardcore and dont know who any of the Winstoms who played for us is then you need to reevaluate.

I am not saying they 17-18 year old kids have to know or be able to point them out on the spot. But if you know you are being recruited by a former player I can promise you, you or whom ever is being recruited by said name will google that guy and see who he is.

Anyone who says they wont is lieing to them selves.

If you claim to be hardcore and dont know who any of the Winstoms who played for us is then you need to reevaluate.

I am not saying they 17-18 year old kids have to know or be able to point them out on the spot. But if you know you are being recruited by a former player I can promise you, you or whom ever is being recruited by said name will google that guy and see who he is.

I think he's messing with your use of "Winstrom". It's W-I-S-T-R-O-M.

• Fire 4

I think he's messing with your use of "Winstrom". It's W-I-S-T-R-O-M.

LOL you are right.. I was thinking Wistrom was gonna WIN some games lol

Wow. Busy all day and came back to this. Good luck to Hank, seems like a good, professional guy and wish him nothing but the best.

But. Can we shift focus a little bit and talk about how encouraging of a move this is on Riley's end? My absolute biggest fear would be him not getting rid of dead weight, the same way Callahan was undone, and the same way Bo was undone. This is a HUGE statement and a great look for our program going forward. Very, very encouraged by this.

When's the last time we had a coach get fired straight up?

• Fire 3