LB Owen Pappoe [Auburn - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HukserBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Pappoe commit?

• Nebraska
    • Alabama
    • Auburn
    • Tennessee
    • Florida State
    • Georgia
    • Clemson

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, FaithfulHusker said:

Honestly we should just focus on Henrich since we already have a stacked LB room and have two committed since I'm projecting Snodgrass as a LB. It would be nice to have him, but if we don't get him it would not sting has much as missing out on Henrich imo. 

4 players have to be cut from the team before the start of the season.  We don't really know where those 4 will come from so we don't know just how "stacked" any position is at this point.

2 hours ago, FaithfulHusker said:

Honestly we should just focus on Henrich since we already have a stacked LB room and have two committed since I'm projecting Snodgrass as a LB. It would be nice to have him, but if we don't get him it would not sting has much as missing out on Henrich imo. 

Henrich is an ILB so that's a different position.  Nelson and Snodgrass are probably both OLB, but that's not a certainty.

You're right in that they don't need to add a ton of guys here, but I don't think you stop recruiting a player of this caliber if he's showing interest.

Also, bodies do not equal talent.  Sure there are currently big numbers in the LB room, but how many stud OLB's do we have?  Maybe Tannor and Thomas, neither of which has played a down here.

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

I was just throwing out names of non-contributors who've been in the program 2+ years. 

Here is a list of players who have done very little (obviously some have played a few snaps here and there) and have been in the program for at least 2 years:

TE - Matt Snyder

OL - Bryan Brokop

OL - Jalin Barnett

OL - Christian Gaylord

DE - Daishon Neal

DE - Peyton Newell

ILB - Pernell Jefferson

ILB - Quayshon Alexander

OLB - Alex Davis

OLB - Sedrick King

CB - Avery Anderson

S - Tony Butler

note - I probably missed a couple and didn't add some that were debatable

Of the guys listed, I don't see Gaylord, Neal, or Davis leaving.  None of the others would surprise me. 

I hope we don't have more than 1 or 2 guys who have contributed decide to transfer.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to LB Owen Pappoe [Auburn - Signed LOI]