WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's a lot of talent in California in the 2017 class -- especially with two Golden State prospects in the top four of the ESPN 300 -- so it's easy to overlook Lewis. But fans from coast to coast will need to learn Lewis' name, because his recruitment is shaping up to be a true national battle, with Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Oregon all high on his list. USC is his current leader, and if he commits to the Trojans, it will be a positive sign that coach Clay Helton is doing just fine with the top talent in the Southland.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/15355418/inside-class-2017-espn-300-player-rankings

And the rivals article posted above:

https://n.rivals.com/news/predictions-on-prospects-from-qb-challenge-and-illspeed-finals

The five-star wide receiver is one of the most sought-after prospects on the west coast but his recruitment has gone national over the past few months. Arizona, Nebraska and Oklahoma seem to have the upper hand.

Oklahoma is the only common team. I don't normally look at the recruiting sites/articles so is this typical to have such differing opinions on favorite schools?

There's a lot of talent in California in the 2017 class -- especially with two Golden State prospects in the top four of the ESPN 300 -- so it's easy to overlook Lewis. But fans from coast to coast will need to learn Lewis' name, because his recruitment is shaping up to be a true national battle, with Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Oregon all high on his list. USC is his current leader, and if he commits to the Trojans, it will be a positive sign that coach Clay Helton is doing just fine with the top talent in the Southland.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/story/_/id/15355418/inside-class-2017-espn-300-player-rankings

https://n.rivals.com/news/predictions-on-prospects-from-qb-challenge-and-illspeed-finals

The five-star wide receiver is one of the most sought-after prospects on the west coast but his recruitment has gone national over the past few months. Arizona, Nebraska and Oklahoma seem to have the upper hand.

Oklahoma is the only common team. I don't normally look at the recruiting sites/articles so is this typical to have such differing opinions on favorite schools?

I'm not saying he is coming to Nebraska, but I will say I would have a lot more faith in the Rivals guys doing their research over the ESPN crew.

ESPN world wide leader in sh**ty news

BIG NEWS:

MATTYICE JUST PUT IN HIS CRYSTAL BALL FOR NEBRASKA ON HUSKERBOARD.COM

(Basically as important as ESPN saying he is going to USC when it comes to CFB Recruiting)

LOL. I got the impression from most posters that ESPN recruiting analysis is poor but didn't know their info was bad. Normally I just follow recruiting by looking at what is posted on HB, read the highlights and rarely click on posted links until they are signed. I thought it was bizarre that the first recruiting articles I read had such differing opinions and initially thought there must be two Joseph Lewis. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, just wondering if someone had insight into what was going on or if this happens often. I assumed they would get the recruit's list of favorite teams from interviews with the recruit so how could the lists be so different? Keep the predictions coming and I'll do my part by not reading recruiting articles.

BIG NEWS:

MATTYICE JUST PUT IN HIS CRYSTAL BALL FOR NEBRASKA ON HUSKERBOARD.COM

(Basically as important as ESPN saying he is going to USC when it comes to CFB Recruiting)

LOL. I got the impression from most posters that ESPN recruiting analysis is poor but didn't know their info was bad. Normally I just follow recruiting by looking at what is posted on HB, read the highlights and rarely click on posted links until they are signed. I thought it was bizarre that the first recruiting articles I read had such differing opinions and initially thought there must be two Joseph Lewis. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, just wondering if someone had insight into what was going on or if this happens often. I assumed they would get the recruit's list of favorite teams from interviews with the recruit so how could the lists be so different? Keep the predictions coming and I'll do my part by not reading recruiting articles.

No feathers ruffled. This is just a perfect case to prove ESPN's lack of knowledge on recruiting. I'm sure whoever wrote it just assumed he's going to USC because it's generally the #1 recruiting school out west, so why wouldn't they get him since he is so close?

I don't mean to beat up on them because heck, they could be right about him going to USC.

To flip the script, the rivals guy listed us and his reason was because of the momentum we had out west right now. Not sure that means a ton in every case. Maybe the guy has more insight, but since it was just a blurb didn't elaborate.

As much as I like to see all these kids follow each other to Nebraska to start something big and bring us back to dominance, I also see some of these kids who will want to break away from that to do their own thing and get their Own spotlight. Oregon is gonna nab some of these kids. So will USC. I don't think we have a real shot to land Lewis unless he gets on campus for a game. I think Lindsay is a bigger reality because he's been on campus for the spring game, he plays with Gebbia in 7on7 and knows what it's like to catch his passes.

As much as I like to see all these kids follow each other to Nebraska to start something big and bring us back to dominance, I also see some of these kids who will want to break away from that to do their own thing and get their Own spotlight. Oregon is gonna nab some of these kids. So will USC. I don't think we have a real shot to land Lewis unless he gets on campus for a game. I think Lindsay is a bigger reality because he's been on campus for the spring game, he plays with Gebbia in 7on7 and knows what it's like to catch his passes.

Don't forget Lewis was on POB's 7v7 team so we also have that going for us. He has even said that will be a factor.