WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We will still have some in home visits before, right?

Yes. There is about a 17-day stretch for visits. From the 11th to the 27th (I think).

Are we scheduled to be in-home?

I haven't seen much about who is expecting visits but you'd have to think so. Probably more than once.

Schaefer CB to USC. Hope the Williams duo and Riley can close the deal with a great in home and make him feel comfortable to leave Cali.

That was cold blooded from Schaefer. No explanations yet.

I hope he is going off of the trend of CB's, the comment yesterday and the USC tweet on gameday. If so, we still have a 50/50 shot. Worried that he has more info than that though.

The recruiting starts about the 17:00 minute mark of the podcast. Greg Johnson is about the 18:00 minute mark. Lewis is covered about the 19:00 minute mark. Holmes is at 22:00 mark ... thinks he is considering but a OSU lean. Lenoir around 28:40.

Quick summary. Schaefer believes we have a better shot at Johnson than Lewis. Feels like Lewis is leaning towards USC. Watched the Rose Bowl with Carr and other SC commits. Has no idea about Holmes. Seemed hesitant that we are in it with no official and his parents not coming to Lincoln or meeting Coach Riley. Said that having the papers in at Nebraska does make it interesting because most athletes don't do that unless serious. Thinks Sarell goes to Stanford. Says Stanford is just tough to beat in recruiting and feels like Nebraska did everything they could. Talked about Lenoir possibly going to USC as well opening up the door for Johnson to Nebraska. He likes Johnson more as a prospect because he could play some offense but thinks Lenoir is better on D. Doesn't say much about the OT from Texas other than we won't get him. I think he thinks Calvin is N but just because he commits isn't the end with him.

• Fire 1

According to Carr, USC has two silent commits at the Army Game......

Quick summary. Schaefer believes we have a better shot at Johnson than Lewis. Feels like Lewis is leaning towards USC. Watched the Rose Bowl with Carr and other SC commits. Has no idea about Holmes. Seemed hesitant that we are in it with no official and his parents not coming to Lincoln or meeting Coach Riley. Said that having the papers in at Nebraska does make it interesting because most athletes don't do that unless serious. Thinks Sarell goes to Stanford. Says Stanford is just tough to beat in recruiting and feels like Nebraska did everything they could. Talked about Lenoir possibly going to USC as well opening up the door for Johnson to Nebraska. He likes Johnson more as a prospect because he could play some offense but thinks Lenoir is better on D. Doesn't say much about the OT from Texas other than we won't get him. I think he thinks Calvin is N but just because he commits isn't the end with him.

According to Carr, USC has two silent commits at the Army Game......

In that case, you would be right.

Mentions the closer it gets to signing day, the more the lure to home. Says USC he grew up watching etc. With them getting last visit I think this one is probably over. Sad as I think we led the majority of the year too.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/can-husker-recruiting-produce-a-memorable-weekend-in-san-antonio/article_90e9099e-e23d-5b8a-a4e8-dd4c4e2252b7.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

An awful lot of weight seems to be being put on this statement.

I remember being young and moving away from home for the first time. I would go through phases where I would question if I'm going to like it or be doing the right thing. I would be nostalgic about home and my friends there..........I still left.

One post in pages back says if his mom wants him to stay close to home, he'll stay close to home. Another post said that his mom really liked the coaches when they came to visit. Momentum is sliding in the wrong direction, but if he's not announcing til NSD, there is plenty of time for our two coaches to do work