Mavric

WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BIG NEWS:

MATTYICE JUST PUT IN HIS CRYSTAL BALL FOR NEBRASKA ON HUSKERBOARD.COM

(Basically as important as ESPN saying he is going to USC when it comes to CFB Recruiting)

LOL. I got the impression from most posters that ESPN recruiting analysis is poor but didn't know their info was bad. Normally I just follow recruiting by looking at what is posted on HB, read the highlights and rarely click on posted links until they are signed. I thought it was bizarre that the first recruiting articles I read had such differing opinions and initially thought there must be two Joseph Lewis. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, just wondering if someone had insight into what was going on or if this happens often. I assumed they would get the recruit's list of favorite teams from interviews with the recruit so how could the lists be so different? Keep the predictions coming and I'll do my part by not reading recruiting articles.

BIG NEWS:

(Basically as important as ESPN saying he is going to USC when it comes to CFB Recruiting)

LOL. I got the impression from most posters that ESPN recruiting analysis is poor but didn't know their info was bad. Normally I just follow recruiting by looking at what is posted on HB, read the highlights and rarely click on posted links until they are signed. I thought it was bizarre that the first recruiting articles I read had such differing opinions and initially thought there must be two Joseph Lewis. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, just wondering if someone had insight into what was going on or if this happens often. I assumed they would get the recruit's list of favorite teams from interviews with the recruit so how could the lists be so different? Keep the predictions coming and I'll do my part by not reading recruiting articles.

No feathers ruffled. This is just a perfect case to prove ESPN's lack of knowledge on recruiting. I'm sure whoever wrote it just assumed he's going to USC because it's generally the #1 recruiting school out west, so why wouldn't they get him since he is so close?

I don't mean to beat up on them because heck, they could be right about him going to USC.

To flip the script, the rivals guy listed us and his reason was because of the momentum we had out west right now. Not sure that means a ton in every case. Maybe the guy has more insight, but since it was just a blurb didn't elaborate.

As far as recruiting services go, ESPN is probably is the least knowledgeable on west coast prospects.

I don't think it's just west coast recruiting that ESPN isn't knowledgeable about. They are pretty clueless in general. Lol

As far as recruiting services go, ESPN is probably is the least knowledgeable on west coast prospects.

I don't think it's just west coast recruiting that ESPN isn't knowledgeable about. They are pretty clueless in general. Lol

Can't say I disagree

Did an interview with a national guy at Scout and mentioned Nebraska, but didn't really seem that interested. He talked about lots of schools. Hard to get a read at all.

Has trips planned to Oklahoma and Arizona State. Sounds like Tennessee and Baylor as well.

Agree that he really didn't come back to Nebraska much (at all).

As much as I like to see all these kids follow each other to Nebraska to start something big and bring us back to dominance, I also see some of these kids who will want to break away from that to do their own thing and get their Own spotlight. Oregon is gonna nab some of these kids. So will USC. I don't think we have a real shot to land Lewis unless he gets on campus for a game. I think Lindsay is a bigger reality because he's been on campus for the spring game, he plays with Gebbia in 7on7 and knows what it's like to catch his passes.

As much as I like to see all these kids follow each other to Nebraska to start something big and bring us back to dominance, I also see some of these kids who will want to break away from that to do their own thing and get their Own spotlight. Oregon is gonna nab some of these kids. So will USC. I don't think we have a real shot to land Lewis unless he gets on campus for a game. I think Lindsay is a bigger reality because he's been on campus for the spring game, he plays with Gebbia in 7on7 and knows what it's like to catch his passes.

Don't forget Lewis was on POB's 7v7 team so we also have that going for us. He has even said that will be a factor.

Don't forget Lewis was on POB's 7v7 team so we also have that going for us. He has even said that will be a factor.
Good info, did not know that.

That's according to a quote from Lewis on 247 back when they talked to him after either Tristan or Keyshawn committed. I think if you go to his profile and scroll down some it is still there.

BIG NEWS:

I'll go to the loony bin with you bro! IN.

Confirmed his OV for the Oregon game. Also has an OV set with Oklahoma.

Looking at Arizona and Oregon for other OVs.

Not visiting now. Said he had an emergency and will be in Lincoln next weekend.

• Upvote 1

He will be there the same time as Tyjon though, so that is a plus.

Is it though? I'm trying to decide how one gets the attention we want them each to get when there are so many top tier recruits there at the same time. (honestly, not trolling) I'd rather have Coach Dub be able to love on Tyjon to the max without having Joseph watching in the background and vice versa.

Also, Key jr. is potentially coming out next weekend as well.

Is it though? I'm trying to decide how one gets the attention we want them each to get when there are so many top tier recruits there at the same time. (honestly, not trolling) I'd rather have Coach Dub be able to love on Tyjon to the max without having Joseph watching in the background and vice versa.

If Tyjon is seriously looking at us and strongly thinking about committing, KW could easily use that to his advantage with Lewis in that he could explain if he comes here, he has a great QB and those three WRs could play together as possibly the best WR group in the country at a place where the fans love them, pack the stands and game day is crazy.

If Tyjon is seriously looking at us and strongly thinking about committing, KW could easily use that to his advantage with Lewis in that he could explain if he comes here, he has a great QB and those three WRs could play together as possibly the best WR group in the country at a place where the fans love them, pack the stands and game day is crazy.

I feel like we're a plan B for him and he's checking the box - we've got KJ, and think we've got JC silently and I'm betting we get TJ. I can't pretend to know how these kids think, but if it were me and I was evaluating programs, I'd want to go where: 1. Good history of offense or scheme being pass heavy (or offensive coordinator that thinks that way) 2. Good QB with pro skills 3. I'd have a position coach that I liked and respected and that I'd learn from 4. I have a chance of starting asap 5. Where I'd be surrounded by other decent WRs but not the absolute best - I'm all about me, and while I want to compete I want to be the star 6. Surrounded by strong OL and etc.

McQuitty and KJJ plan on being here next weekend along with Tyjon Lindsey. Might work out for the best if Lewis comes next weekend.

KJJ needs to come up big next weekend. He needs to tell them about all the great things that are going on at Nebraska and how they can help the program. We need Tyjon and Lewis on this team.

Kinda funny that Michigan is hosting a satellite camp at Lewis' high school right now and Lewis is in Lincoln.

heard a rumor that Riley convinced him to attend the Lincoln camp over the Michigan satellite camp

Kinda funny that Michigan is hosting a satellite camp at Lewis' high school right now and Lewis is in Lincoln.

heard a rumor that Riley convinced him to attend the Lincoln camp over the Michigan satellite camp

I could believe that. There's a big connection with Williams and Lewis' 7 on 7 coach.

Listed Nebraska, Arizona, Oregon and Oklahoma and likely destinations for four of his five OVs.

The other two schools still in it are UCLA and USC. He didn't mention them as favorites but he has not closed the door to them. To me this is a Nebraska/Arizona/Oklahoma battle. Those are the 3 he always mentions first and has been high on for a while.

Listed Nebraska, Arizona, Oregon and Oklahoma and likely destinations for four of his five OVs.

The other two schools still in it are UCLA and USC. He didn't mention them as favorites but he has not closed the door to them. To me this is a Nebraska/Arizona/Oklahoma battle. Those are the 3 he always mentions first and has been high on for a while.

I don't think he necessarily failed to list them as favorites, he was just listing his OV locations. He wouldn't have to take an OV to either of those schools due to them being basically in his back yard.