Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (Spoilers for Episode 7)

Of Luke dying. He's been the major face of the franchise since 1977.

But I think they missed an opportunity here. "I am your father" was one of the most iconic moments in movie history. Luke's surprise death could be the same. Han's was basically a foregone conclusion, since Harrison Ford had been begging to be killed off since the first movie, but Luke's death will be a huge moment. Surprising the audience with it could have been another iconic moment. Now we know.

No we don't.

What we do know is Luke is hiding, even from his friends and his sister (which makes his reclusiveness different from Yoda's), and doesn't want to deal with life right now because his nephew who he was training went to the dark side. We haven't seen someone stop being a jedi (except when Anakin became a Sith) but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Alternatively as was said above my post, Rey is not a jedi. Just like Luke was not a jedi in episodes IV and V. Right now Luke is the only jedi and since his attempts to train padawns went horribly wrong, he could have easily decided he won't train anyone else and that makes him the last up until Rey changes his mind.

• Fire 1

It wouldn't make sense to take the story line towards the path of "the Jedi are no more." We spent the entirety of TFA essentially being told the Jedi are the only chance the good guys have of defeating evil. Killing them off or somehow ending their line seems to go against, really, one of the whole points of the films.

I also don't think "The Last Jedi" necessarily suggests death - where are people getting this idea from? Just by reading the title? It could also just be a direct reference to Luke - he's literally the last Jedi.

I'm not a huge fan of the title, but it certainly doesn't imply that there won't be any more Jedi.

Luke is currently the last of the Jedi. All the title signals to me is that he's going to play a big role in the movie, and they're amplifying the mystique around his status. Look how precarious the situation is for the good guys!

It's a bit of a trite way to do it, though. Jumping universes, Aang was The Last Airbender...until the heroes triumphed and then he wasn't, because more airbenders would descend from him.

• Fire 1