CB Greg Johnson [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exponentially doesn't mean what you think it means :P

Google says it's an adverb that can be used to describe a rapid increase. Good enough for me! Who needs to use words correctly...

Well, it's more of a slow and steady increase. So there.

Matty make an area math terminology! Not sure there is anything slow and steady about exponential growth.. this conversation is getting exponentially more interesting!

Google says it's an adverb that can be used to describe a rapid increase. Good enough for me! Who needs to use words correctly...

Actually you're both right and wrong depending on which part of the curve you are looking at. Tends to be steady and slow early with rapid increase later. So depending on how athletic this class actually is will determine where it will be marked. But honestly i dont think i would use an exponential graph for recruiting athleticism. Since 2002 or so we've probably had a decaying exponential in recruiting athleticism.

Actually you're both right and wrong depending on which part of the curve you are looking at. Tends to be steady and slow early with rapid increase later. So depending on how athletic this class actually is will determine where it will be marked. But honestly i dont think i would use an exponential graph for recruiting athleticism. Since 2002 or so we've probably had a decaying exponential in recruiting athleticism.

By that argument we're at a point in recruiting where the graph looks the same for an exponential increase and a steady, straight line of improvement. Potentially it could be either (or neither).

By that argument we're at a point in recruiting where the graph looks the same for an exponential increase and a steady, straight line of improvement. Potentially it could be either (or neither).
My initial statement was regarding athleticism not production. I think that we could find numbers from camps to show these kids are quicker and more athletic than what we've had recently. Could be wrong but if these guys don't have any more speed or quickness than previous guys then why the hype? Who knows if the production will come but that is not what my statement was based on. Strictly the new speed and quickness that is measurable.

Quite the tangent off of one word!