The 4 finalists for chancellor

Frostberg

http://journalstar.com/news/local/education/nu-names-four-finalists-for-university-chancellor/article_1506bf4a-f74d-5fbc-9312-8144e7b10d83.html

* Sabah Randhawa, provost and executive vice president at Oregon State University

* April Mason, provost and senior vice president at Kansas State University

* Daniel Reed, vice president for research and economic development at the University of Iowa

* Ronnie Green, interim senior vice chancellor for academic affairs at UNL, and vice president for agriculture and natural resources at NU.

Gotta say, I'm not too excited about these names...

• Fire 1

I had to Google all of them...

so much for a "splash" hire :dunno

Not sure if serious, so apologies if you're joking, because I think 90% or more of Nebraskans and UNL alumni will have to google these people's names.

Second, why do people think Alberts would've been a good hire for Chancellor? He's an AD - not a Chancellor - and they are two very different things. Yes, the Chancellor plays a significant role in the AD (which is why so many people love Perlman, obvi) but that is only a small portion of their role and responsibilities.

Take this all with a grain of salt because of lot of these responses feel like jokes. :blink:

http://journalstar.com/news/local/education/nu-names-four-finalists-for-university-chancellor/article_1506bf4a-f74d-5fbc-9312-8144e7b10d83.html

* Sabah Randhawa, provost and executive vice president at Oregon State University

* April Mason, provost and senior vice president at Kansas State University

* Daniel Reed, vice president for research and economic development at the University of Iowa

* Ronnie Green, interim senior vice chancellor for academic affairs at UNL, and vice president for agriculture and natural resources at NU.

Gotta say, I'm not too excited about these names...

Who were you expecting? Gordon Gee? I'm sure every single one of them is perfectly qualified.

A lot of people thought that Trev Alberts would get the job.

Who thought that? I don't know a single person who said anything along those lines.

Frankly I'd rather see Graham Spanier back at DONU before any of the candidates listed above.

One of my friends thinks Mark S. Wrighton would be a good choice than all of the above--affordable, local (he's in St. Louis), smart, and has been involved with large institutions (FSU) before. I don't know enough to say one way or the other on him though.