Michael Jordan: GOAT

Mavric

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Isiah Thomas with some serious salt about Jordan here.

I find it interesting how much animosity is still between these guys. So often we’re lead to believe pro sports are a business and players play for the paycheck. But, these guys show that sometimes it’s a lot more than that. It’s personal. 

13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find it interesting how much animosity is still between these guys. So often we’re lead to believe pro sports are a business and players play for the paycheck. But, these guys show that sometimes it’s a lot more than that. It’s personal. 

Isaiah is bitter that he was the inner-city Chicago-kid who ended up being hated in Chicago, while this country kid (Jordan) is beloved in that city and all over the world.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

On 4/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, ColoradoHusk said:

Isaiah is bitter that he was the inner-city Chicago-kid who ended up being hated in Chicago, while this country kid (Jordan) is beloved in that city and all over the world.

Yeah, there is a lot of truth to that.  First he went to St. Joes HS...which has never had the same respect from the city as Simeon or Morgan Park or King

Then he went to Indiana and Chicago hates the entire state of Indiana.

Then playing for the Pistons (not his fault) didn't help.

I forgot just how dominate Jordan was and I watched him live during his heyday. I’ve really enjoyed The Last Dance but it left me feeling a bit different about him. I knew he was easily the best player of his generation and I am more convinced than ever that he is hands down the GOAT. Anybody who brings up Lebron or Kobe or (insert any name) simply has no clue. Sorry. But after watching the Dance, I just don’t really like the guy anymore. I realize that what motivated him and made him the greatest is also what makes me think he’s sort of a d!(k. He could’ve been a nicer guy and more humble but he probably wouldn’t have been the winning focused competitor that he was. So GOAT but a jerk. (In some ways similar to Tommie...)

• Plus1 1

Jordan was the GOAT at the cost of not really being a person. He's seemed miserable ever since he left the game, and even with a 10 part documentary series there's apparently nothing memorable or interesting about him as a person, other than being the best basketball player.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...