RB Zamir White [Georgia - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

9 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will White commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia
    • Clemson
    • Alabama
    • North Carolina
    • Florida State
    • Oregon

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Zamir White
Hometown: Laurinburg, North Carolina
School: Scotland County
Position: Running Back
Height: 6-1
Weight: 205
40 time:
Offers: Alabama, Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan State, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Wisconsin
Visits:

Twitter

247 Composite: #6 Overall; #1 RB; .9973; :star :star :star :Star :star

Rivals: #6 Overall; #1 RB; :star :star :star :star :star
247: #4 Overall; #1 RB; :star :star :star :star :star
Scout: #7 Overall; #1 RB; :star :star :star :star :star
ESPN: #14 Overall; #1 RB; :star :Star :star :star

Hudl

Well, we sure aren't scared to be going after them are we?

A refreshing change isn't it...
We've always done it.
Really? Bc I can't think of a single instance where Pelini and co went after a player of this caliber.
Few examples just looking at top 10 prospects with NU offers according to 247:

2015: Martez Ivey #2 overall prospect, Byron Cowart #3 overall prospect, Iman Marshall #4 overall prospect, CeCe Jefferson #7 overall prospect, Josh Sweat #9 overall prospect.

2014: Jabrill Peppers #3 overall prospect, Da'Shawn Hand #5 overall prospect, Adoree Jackson #7 overall prospect, Tony Brown #9 overall prospect, Kyle Allen #10 overall prospect.

I could go on but don't find it necessary.

• Fire 1

In the 2015 class, we offered the #2, #3, #4, #7, and #9 prospects in the country (per 247 and their Composite rankings).

In 2014, it was #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9 and #10.

In 2013, it was #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, #8, and #9.

As to you. I didn't always click into their whole list either, so yours is probably more accurate.

We've always done it.
Really? Bc I can't think of a single instance where Pelini and co went after a player of this caliber.

2015: Martez Ivey #2 overall prospect, Byron Cowart #3 overall prospect, Iman Marshall #4 overall prospect, CeCe Jefferson #7 overall prospect, Josh Sweat #9 overall prospect.

2014: Jabrill Peppers #3 overall prospect, Da'Shawn Hand #5 overall prospect, Adoree Jackson #7 overall prospect, Tony Brown #9 overall prospect, Kyle Allen #10 overall prospect.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. For whatever reason is does seem like there are a lot more high profile offers going out though. Idk why when thats not the case, as you just showed.

• 1 year later...

We've always done it.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. For whatever reason is does seem like there are a lot more high profile offers going out though. Idk why when thats not the case, as you just showed.

The difference may be how hard we go after these highly rated recruits, i.e., selling the Nebraska experience, history, etc. You could offer every "top 100" player but is it just a token offer to say "look at the caliber of player we offered" without believing in your ability to land said players because of a personal negative view of your location, etc. Not saying that is the difference you are experiencing but......naahhh, that is what I'm saying. A lot more to say here but I'll just leave it at that.

Dude that argument ended over 4 months ago

It is what it is "Mr. 3,957 posts", didn't know you had the comment/discussion market cornered. The recruits' thread popped up and I hadn't read it and decided to comment, which I rarely do.

Been following my Huskers for 45+ years and reading this board for 7. The last 16 have been disappointing, some real disappointing and I feel we are seeing something special beginning to percolate with these new guys. Maybe nothing will come of it. Has nothing to do with the other guy or guys and everything to do with MR and company, the here and now. So I'm not really involved in your argument. Feel free to pass on by my comments.

• Mavric changed the title to RB Zamir White [Georgia - Signed LOI]