WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another thing on the big body guys, analysts out west are pretty confident Keyshawn will grow 2-3 inches.

No knock on you, but I'm just wondering what these analysts are seeing that makes them think he will grow taller. Seems like an odd statement for them to be the authority on.

Because the same happened to his dad. They have made the comment that he still has a baby face, hasn't quite reached his growth potential.

Another thing on the big body guys, analysts out west are pretty confident Keyshawn will grow 2-3 inches.

No knock on you, but I'm just wondering what these analysts are seeing that makes them think he will grow taller. Seems like an odd statement for them to be the authority on.
1. He's young for his class. Believe the quote they used was something like: He's one of the few kids out here that is actually in the class he's suppose to be in.

2. They said he's far from physically mature. There are usually indicators that usually mean more growth is coming, large feet and such.

Because the same happened to his dad. They have made the comment that he still has a baby face, hasn't quite reached his growth potential.

RT. KJ Sr grew 3 inches from the time he enrolled to the draft. Analysts say the same thing will happen to KJJ most likely. He does look young... you see some prospects who look like they're 30 already haha. KJJ passes comfortably for 17, just like he should.

I dunno where the 5'11" 170 numbers come from because at Nike sparq he measured in at 5'9" 144. Can someone tell me what they see in this kid? He just doesn't impress me. His 40 at the sparq was 4.6... So he's not a blazer either and is pretty small for our level of ball.

Usually you're pretty good about it, so I'm doubtful you didn't, but... you watched the film right? He's tearing it up and making people look stupid trying to tackle him. Also, apparently he's been destroying competition in the 7v7 circuit.

I dunno where the 5'11" 170 numbers come from because at Nike sparq he measured in at 5'9" 144. Can someone tell me what they see in this kid? He just doesn't impress me. His 40 at the sparq was 4.6... So he's not a blazer either and is pretty small for our level of ball.

I usually get them initially off the 247 profile then compare what their Hudl profile says. Generally I go off the Hudl profile - not sure if that's right or not.

But on his Hudl profile he now has Nike verified numbers of 5-10 and 144 lbs. 144 is pretty small, I agree. But an electronic 4.66 is actually pretty good for high school. That would still be faster than several of the receivers at the NFL combine this year. Not exactly blazing fast but not slow. The reports of high schoolers running 4.4s are at best hand-held and may be a bit exaggerated at that. That's why I don't put a 40 time in their profile unless its a verified time from a camp.

Well, I went and watched the tape. The dude has an electronic 4.49 and by God... if it was within the laws of physics to actually gain speed while making a cut, I'd tell you this kid could do it. Loses absolutely zero of the 4.49 while changing direction, the agility is pretty impressive. Seems to have good hands as well. Next freshman DPE on punt returns.

OK ... I guess I'll ask here then. Where did you see that time? Just curious.

• Mavric unlocked this topic