WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, something is amiss about that 40 time as 4.66 is SLOW. Period. Lots of HS players can run around 4.7. That is very average, unless your are a rush end or something.

Lots of high-schoolers run a *hand-timed* 4.7 which is 4.9+ electronic.

Bingo, I ran a hand held 40 in 4.74 going into my Sr year of HS. At a camp that summer I ran a 4.98 electronic 40.

Well, something is amiss about that 40 time as 4.66 is SLOW. Period. Lots of HS players can run around 4.7. That is very average, unless your are a rush end or something. We want our LBs to run that or faster. I know everyone seems to want to dismiss the 40 but if it were so useless, they wouldn't bother with in at the NFL combines either. I personally feel a 10 and 20 yard dash time would be more useful but the 40 gives a good indication of overall speed and quickness and 'take to the house' speed. If a guy runs 4.7 he is just not fast enough to play WR, wingback, I back, DB, Safety, etc. I'd like to see our DEs run no slower than that. Our LBs in 4.5 to 4.6 range or even better if possible. We know these times are mostly handhelds and 'electronic' may be a tenth or so higher. That's fine. I didn't watch the video and maybe he looks great and is very elusive but the bottom line is - he is really too small at 144 lbs. He needs to add 50 lbs. That is NOT going to help him reduce his 40 time and likely reduce his quickness. Just my opinion.

"We run the 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. Why? The only reason anyone can give you is that's how it's always been done".

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/nfl-combine-matt-birk

Sounds like he's interested in UCLA but they haven't offered because they're only taking one WR in this class. They may offer down the road.

Set to visit Maryland and California in addition to Nebraska.

TCU, Texas A&M, Notre Dame and Oregon are also on his list.

• 2 weeks later...

• Mavric unlocked this topic