WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No longer sure if he's going to visit after this weekend.

I'll wait... but if that's the kind of character this kid has...
I am for giving Williams another chance, but if he's upset Williams IS being retained possibly, is there really something wrong with his character??
  • Fire 1

I am for giving Williams another chance, but if he's upset Williams IS being retained possibly, is there really something wrong with his character??

He's been slipping lately, and if he's going to kick a coach while he's down so that he has a cop out, that's sh**ty.

That's what I'm saying.

I think it's pretty early to say he's kicking a coach while he's down.

Like I said, he didn't really elaborate. But I get the impression that he likes Williams so he's still interested if Williams is the coach but if Williams is dismissed, he might not be interested anymore.

He's been slipping lately, and if he's going to kick a coach while he's down so that he has a cop out, that's sh**ty.

That's what I'm saying.

Fair enough, though most still say it's between just us and ND. I get what you're saying though if it doesn't really mean anything to him.

I think it's pretty early to say he's kicking a coach while he's down.

Like I said, he didn't really elaborate. But I get the impression that he likes Williams so he's still interested if Williams is the coach but if Williams is dismissed, he might not be interested anymore.

And that's fair. I was just under the impression his interest has been slipping and was going to be upset if this was a cop out.

Jamire Calvin — This one is a little unusual because Nebraska looked like the heavy favorite for Calvin in April and it’s subsided some. Recently Calvin reiterated he plans to be in Lincoln for the Oregon game and a strong showing by the Huskers against Oregon could really help. The receiver also has predictions for Notre Dame and that’s a very definite possibility but Notre Dame may still have other receivers higher on the board.

Other teams of note: Cal, Notre Dame, Ole Miss

I get the sense that Jamire is a kid with pretty high standards and discipline - I wonder with this weekend's events at ND how he'll respond. I thought the Williams thing would hurt us, but honestly I view that as a person with a problem, and what happened in ND is more systemic.

It was a bunch of kids getting caught for marijuana, if you think that doesn't happen at UNL you're delusional. Don't mean that in any form of attacking manner.

And guns, and assulting police officers.

Im not naive to pot being around believe me - but I am very aware of events like this happening to such a high number of players, during the season is not something any program takes too lightly. At least 2 felony charges, and two off them off the team (one forever, one indefinitly)

• Mavric unlocked this topic