WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Calvin said Oregon State’s success with Brandin Cooks, who has a similar build, was a factor in his decision. Cooks, now a member of the New Orleans Saints, had 226 receptions for 3,272 yards and 24 touchdowns in three seasons with the Beavers. "

Maybe Riley needs to give him a call and let him know that he was Cook's coach when he played for Oregon St.

If Riley forgot to mention that the first time… Then Riley needs to retire.

Really, as we just found out that's one reason he chose OS and we are in the dead period!
Not only that but the second leading receiver in OSU history is on our staff. Im sure Calvin knows of him and also that Riley coached Cooks also.

I went back and watched the video of his commitment again since I was doing other things when he did it live. It does seem very odd to me.

Question....who was the friend he mentioned? "Eric Simmons"?

It also appeared there were members of his family who were surprised also.

• Fire 1

Some are reading into the actions/emotions. Maybe he was just super nervous and that is how he acts. I don't think there was a shocking look on his family's faces. Who knows...something went down and only Jamire really knows. Will definitely be interesting to see if he sticks or ends up somewhere else.

Watch the dude clear off to the left in the video. He clearly was surprised at the pick. His mom and dad knew before hand.

I'm with others. Time to move on. This ship has sailed. But, it doesn't stop me from wondering what the hell happened. I still think there was something totally non-football related that made him switch.

Nope - and the message it sends to outstanding recruits is not good. Like any when getting out of any old relationship and into a new one: "We want you really bad, but we're still going to be calling, and texting and visiting our ex". Nah. I think JC will regret how he handled this as he gets older, but let's hope it was truly his decision, and truly the right one.

• Mavric unlocked this topic