WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Calvin is an 18 year old who will probably regret how he handled this. Great learning experience for this young man. He might have picked the right school for him but he burned a few bridges getting there and I think he will learn in the future how to handle negative situations better.

I look back at some of the life lessons I had at 18-22 and you learn best when you screw up.

I hope he learns and moves on.

• Fire 3

I knew we shouldn't of gone back after him. Recruiting these days is a JOKE. What happened to people honoring commitments? Wish he would've stuck with OSU.

Like Lindsay and Blades should have honored theirs?

Grown men be like "cash me ousside how bat dat" to high school kids is more upsetting than a kid flipping like Calvin did

Trashing the kid is a little harsh, but not totally undeserved. The real problem is what types of lessons about loyalty, respect, and dignity did he learn or not learn at home? Was there nobody with any kind of understanding of how to decently handle working with people in his ear helping him? This is a case study in lack of leadership by the adults in his life for a much longer period of time than his college football recruitment.

I knew we shouldn't of gone back after him. Recruiting these days is a JOKE. What happened to people honoring commitments? Wish he would've stuck with OSU.

Grown men be like "cash me ousside how bat dat" to high school kids is more upsetting than a kid flipping like Calvin did

it's different when it's 3 commitments in the span of two weeks. He was never ready any time in which he committed. Lindsey and Blades probably should've taken all their OV's before committing too. Just saying whatever happened to sticking with your word.

it's different when it's 3 commitments in the span of two weeks. He was never ready any time in which he committed. Lindsey and Blades probably should've taken all their OV's before committing too. Just saying whatever happened to sticking with your word.

There is a big difference between these as well.

Lindsey and Blades were respectful and handled their decommitting with maturity.

Calvin committed to NU secretly, opened it back up then silently committed to NU the day before the dead period. Then announced Oregon State without telling our coaches. Then decommitted from Oregon St. Then committed to us without our coaches even knowing. Then on signing day he signed with WSU without telling our coaches anything.

Blades and Lindsey did absolutely nothing like that. They arent basket cases.

That is where I am at as well. I understand there are changes of heart, but 3 different commitments in 3 weeks is a bit much. Kudos to Riley for calling him out.

I here exactly at this moment he may be reopening up his recruitment! It seems some school closer to home opened up and he might consider committing there.

/sarcasm

Doubt this kid ends up at Wazzu all four years. Probably transfers close to home a la California or a smaller school in a few years. Best of luck to him because his spot gives us one more opening for a player that wants to be here.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 years later...
  • Mavric unlocked this topic
  • 2 months later...