Nebraska High School Players - Class of 2018

Mavric

I think we're monitoring Bryant. But it sounds like he has quite a bit of work to do in the classroom before he's a legit prospect. I don't think even the Dakota schools have offered yet.

Oh my gosh. If academics are holding you back from playing college ball that's ridiculous. Maybe high schools should make athletes have above a certain GPA not just above 70% something that would get them to qualify in college. Not saying he won't qualify, but it is honestly sad that that is the reason holding great athletes back from free education at great universities.

I think we're monitoring Bryant. But it sounds like he has quite a bit of work to do in the classroom before he's a legit prospect. I don't think even the Dakota schools have offered yet.

Oh my gosh. If academics are holding you back from playing college ball that's ridiculous. Maybe high schools should make athletes have above a certain GPA not just above 70% something that would get them to qualify in college. Not saying he won't qualify, but it is honestly sad that that is the reason holding great athletes back from free education at great universities.

Ya. High schools do have academic standards for eligibility. OPS requires at least a 2.5 GPA and no failing status grades to participate in games. If he isn't eligible, he isn't putting in the work to get that way or has an IEP that he is working through. Most of the time, nobody is holding great athletes back except their own effort in the classroom.

Ya. High schools do have academic standards for eligibility. OPS requires at least a 2.5 GPA and no failing status grades to participate in games. If he isn't eligible, he isn't putting in the work to get that way or has an IEP that he is working through. Most of the time, nobody is holding great athletes back except their own effort in the classroom.

My Highschool, given it was class D, you just needed to be passing all your classes. Could've had a 70 flat average and been fine. Which I think is fine if it's at the beginning of the semester, but give them a week to get it up and if they don't they are ineligible. Sorry for my rant, but the school system could change a little to force the kids a little more.

My Highschool, given it was class D, you just needed to be passing all your classes. Could've had a 70 flat average and been fine. Which I think is fine if it's at the beginning of the semester, but give them a week to get it up and if they don't they are ineligible. Sorry for my rant, but the school system could change a little to force the kids a little more.

How long ago where you in high school, I'm just wondering if it has changed more recently.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...