Let's talk about Islamophobia

zoogs

Say what you want about this pope. A lot of people probably think he's in the limelight too much. But he's an OG.

PR Pope.

This is just absolutely laughable. :facepalm:

So, the Pope does and says things (ever since he took that position) that are out of character for Christians. Those actions show that he is a caring guy who takes serious trying to relate to the common person in this world. His actions and words also have been way more inclusive to many groups that have felt ostracized by Christianity. He has done these and said these things knowing that it goes against many Christian's feelings and could ruffle many feathers.

And....he is accused of doing it all for PR????

Interesting.

I just noticed a rather interesting thing about ISIS. I watch a lot of CNN, and it seems that since the conversation has been spurred about them post-Brussels, most every foreign terror/Middle East expert they've had seems to be in lockstep that the US strategy against ISIS seem to be working. Is it perhaps the case that the US sees that particular issue through a different lens than the rest of the world? It seems the angriest voices are here.

• 3 months later...

The tourist, Ahmed al-Menhali, was detained at gunpoint last week in Avon, Ohio, after a suspicious hotel clerk alerted relatives, who called 911. Menhali, a 41-year-old businessman, was in the United States for medical treatment and tried to book a hotel in the Cleveland suburb. He was wearing a flowing white headscarf and a full-length white robe at the time. Police accosted and handcuffed him outside the hotel entrance while he was speaking on his phone in Arabic. He later told the broadcaster Al Jazeera that the clerk said he was "pledging my allegiance to ISIS," referring to the Islamic State.
facepalm-289x300.png
  • Fire 1

Just wondering how many of you radical Muslim terrorism deniers are still in denial after Orlando, San Bernadino, Turkey, Bagdad, Paris, etc, etc, etc. Three attacks in the past week. I read a report that terrorist attacks are now averaging around 20 per month! A possible attack just today in NY city park from an "IED" bomb exploding after being stepped on (very early reports at this point but?). The terror problem is growing exponentially people! Then we have several down airplanes with many lives lost in the past year. It is getting worse without question! It is now reasonable to expect several more deadly attacks in this country before year end 2016. The time is NOW to respond strongly and with all due determination and deliberation with all of our allies and cooperators.

84 how much did your tinfoil hat cost? Every one of your posts on islam is rife with fallacies, inaccuracies, bigoted ideas, and something resembling conjectur; but would be too offesive to the definition of the word to call it such.

• Fire 3

Just wondering how many of you radical Muslim terrorism deniers are still in denial after Orlando, San Bernadino, Turkey, Bagdad, Paris, etc, etc, etc. Three attacks in the past week. I read a report that terrorist attacks are now averaging around 20 per month! A possible attack just today in NY city park from an "IED" bomb exploding after being stepped on (very early reports at this point but?). The terror problem is growing exponentially people! Then we have several down airplanes with many lives lost in the past year. It is getting worse without question! It is now reasonable to expect several more deadly attacks in this country before year end 2016. The time is NOW to respond strongly and with all due determination and deliberation with all of our allies and cooperators.

ZERO??? :dunno

How quick you are to assume a home made firework on 4th of July weekend is a IED in NYC. What's wrong with you? You are an alarmist and very quick to try and place blame on a racial/religious group.

Oh and btw, there will be lots of explosions in the next 48 hours - it's not terrorism.

• Fire 2

The tourist, Ahmed al-Menhali, was detained at gunpoint last week in Avon, Ohio, after a suspicious hotel clerk alerted relatives, who called 911. Menhali, a 41-year-old businessman, was in the United States for medical treatment and tried to book a hotel in the Cleveland suburb. He was wearing a flowing white headscarf and a full-length white robe at the time. Police accosted and handcuffed him outside the hotel entrance while he was speaking on his phone in Arabic. He later told the broadcaster Al Jazeera that the clerk said he was "pledging my allegiance to ISIS," referring to the Islamic State.
facepalm-289x300.png

Moral of the story?

Wear Arabic clothing in the US you get embarased, arrested and an apology

Wear western clothing in an Islamic country you get killed.

• Fire 3

The terror problem is growing exponentially people!

Do you have statistics to support this claim?

A quick google check of terror attacks in the period Jan 2016 through June 2016 shows the following:

January 97 attacks

February 68

March 108

April 150

May 197

June 212.

It took me long enough to search this and even I was surprised to find that there are this many. I would have guessed perhaps the number would be in the 30 to 45 per month but this is far beyond that. I did not bother to go back a few years or to take all the trouble to do an annual check, although perhaps somebody has already done this and could find the right site to have more numbers, but I would be uncomfortable trusting the federal government in DC to provide any accurate figures in recent years for obvious reasons.

This should be enough for even the most liberal amongst you all to say "we must do something and quit all the denial and head up our arses pretending or ignoring. We must act - it is without question world war 3. There are literally thousands of dead and many thousands more being injured and the lives of far too many millions are being adversely impacted by all this terrorist jihad (war).

• Fire 1

How quick you are to assume a home made firework on 4th of July weekend is a IED in NYC. What's wrong with you? You are an alarmist and very quick to try and place blame on a racial/religious group.

Oh and btw, there will be lots of explosions in the next 48 hours - it's not terrorism.

I did not assume it was a terrorist bomb although that does appear to be suspected and the 'fireworks' accident is now being pretty much dismissed. The explosive, whatever it turns out to be, was apparently buried or placed there a day or more before the victim had the misfortune to step on it and lose his foot in the blast. I have to wonder if you still believe that terror no big deal after over 200 attacks around the world in just the month of June. Perhaps dismissing terror attacks as little more than fireworks accidents makes you feel silly.

• Fire 1