Let's talk about Islamophobia

zoogs

I wasn't quite sure where to put this, as it's somewhat related to the gun control discussion but also relevant to the idea of empowering the government to "get tough" in the name of saving lives.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/30/12054124/no-fly-list-veteran

The no-fly list is inherently flawed. I didn't do anything wrong, but I was on the list for years. It took a major lawsuit to get confirmation that I'd been taken off the list. How many other innocent people have been blacklisted and not removed? It's like the powers that be are playing games with people's lives.
For four years, I was presumed guilty until proven innocent. Despite all the questions I answered for officials, mine has never been answered: why?

84 have you read the Quran? I begun to sometime ago to understand it (sh#t now I'm on some list somewhere!). It's not some hate filled book as you claim. It's passages can be interpreted or misinterpreted just like the bible. Reading it is all about context. Further more conservative alarmist groups frequently quote it out of context.

Please have a read...

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/722114.html

I just have to wonder how many of you radical Islamic terror defenders have actually read any of the Koran or even basic explanations thereof. You will find that it is NOT a religion of peace or goodwill of any sort or pretense. We are not talking about a few thousand radicals around the globe but quite literally many MILLIONS. Recent polls by reliable polling orgs have shown as much as 20% or more of the Muslim population worldwide supports ISIS, Al Queda and other radical terror groups and those orgs and nations that sponsor them. 20% of 2 billion is 400 million (more than the US population people!).

When we have this many terror attacks around the globe on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis going on for generations and, I absolutely maintain, getting worse by the month (July is already awful) then we should be seeing literally millions and millions and millions of marchers, volunteers, armies, etc. out in force to stop the terror! Of course, we see nothing of the sort and 90% of those Muslims that come on TV or otherwise speak up on the subject do so in DEFENSE of the terrorists and or to continue to offer spin and purport to claim that Islam is the religion of peace and goodwill! LOL Never has such been the case anywhere. We saw cheering and joyous celebration around the world after 911 and never any serious help in the efforts to stop terror or prevent it.

We all rightly feel sad for the injured and killed and the terrible damage to the civlized world as a result of terror and any other violent actions.

But to say that the Nazis were not supported and cheered and encouraged by the great majority of the German people would also be untrue.

Does that mean that every German deserves to die or be punished for the terrible reign of terror of the Third Reich? No, but the majority of Germans were supportive and aided and abetted the attrocities and fought in the war for the Nazis and fascists and Axis powers.

The people of Germany were the enemy and rightfully so. Just as radical Muslims and all those who support, harbor and abide them, are the enemy and rightfully so. As President Bush so aptly stated it: "You are either with us or against us!" There is no sitting on the sidelines or hiding your head in the sand. Fight the terror or you support it. Only two sides are possible.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Wrong again.

Looking at election results, the last elections that truly deserve the name (November 1932) saw the NSDAP as the front runner with 33% of the vote. They had actually lost 4% compared to the last election. So, by that margin, about a third of Germans supported the Nazis and their policies.

In March 1933, the next election was already under chancellor Hitler. Communists and Social democrats were harassed. The burning of the Reichstag was used for maximum propaganda purposes. In this climate, the NSDAP made just under 44%.

So, a *lot* of Germans supported the Nazis. Then again, a majority of Germans very decidedly did *not*.

So Hitler ordered another election, this time with the NSDAP as the only party on the ballot. That was in November 1933.

There were no polls on popular opinion during the Nazi regime. What was there was a well-crafted propaganda machine that pushed the Nazi agenda.

In actuality, the majority of Germans did not support Hitler; the majority simply did not oppose him.

• Fire 3

There were no polls on popular opinion during the Nazi regime. What was there was a well-crafted propaganda machine that pushed the Nazi agenda.

Sounds a lot like what's happening with the American establishment, eh?...

No. Not at all.

lol, yes, the exact same thing! You can ignore what the Koran teaches and keep you head in the sand all you want, but it won't change reality!

I have a friend from a small African country. I would call him a "reformist" Muslim. He smokes - some Muslims do, the more strict do not. He says he has "no taboos". Yesterday at a Fourth party about 7 PM he said "Yah, its close enough. Let's eat." So if Ramadan is during the summer with the long days, he feels close is good enough. I made loaded potato salad. I let him know it had bacon pieces in it. He said it was delicious. I don't know if he said any prayers, but I didn't follow him around all day.

No. Not at all.

lol, yes, the exact same thing! You can ignore what the Koran teaches and keep you head in the sand all you want, but it won't change reality!

So.....there are no polls on popular opinion in the US? Hmmmm.....interesting.

No. Not at all.

I'm thinking that comments had more to do with this part of the original comment by AR.

What was there was a well-crafted propaganda machine that pushed the Nazi agenda.

but you probably already knew that...

No. Not at all.

I'm thinking that comments had more to do with this part of the original comment by AR.

What was there was a well-crafted propaganda machine that pushed the Nazi agenda.

but you probably already knew that...

Did you just conveniently leave out the part about polls?