Doc Sadler, Barry Collier, Tim Miles?

Ask yourself this...if Miles was a jerk/dick/rough with the media...would he be on the super hot seat?

No, he wouldn't because to two factors.:

1) It's a football school

2) The program was in total disarray when he arrived. It is being built pretty much from scratch and that doesn't happen overnight.

We are no better then the doc days. A .500 team. I ask you....how long does it take to turn around team ? 5-6-10 years. We will be going on year 5 and it's no better.

Ask yourself this...if Miles was a jerk/dick/rough with the media...would he be on the super hot seat?

2) The program was in total disarray when he arrived. It is being built pretty much from scratch and that doesn't happen overnight.

The program was in disarray every year Doc was here and he managed to muster enough kids to play and even finished out with a better overall record. We had multiple new guys every single year under Doc, no chemistry ever. Who goes from NCAA tourney to bottom of B1G with the same exact team? Nebraska that's who, or else the only guy we lost (Leslee Smith) must have been superman. And the whole they are Freshman talk is irrelevant in basketball, it's a strong point in football. We got better recruits than we have ever had and they have not been playing like freshman. Every team in NCAA basketball plays freshman, hell half the time the top schools are playing practically ALL freshman. Yes there is a difference in top 10 talent, but two top 150 kids that have produced this year along with a few others do not make our problems due to "freshman."

I understand the premise of your argument, but I have to disagree with you on a few things. I agree that the drop off the year after the tournament was strange and extremely disappointing, however the freshman talk is definitely not irrelevant. Very few schools can make deep runs with a rotation of mainly freshman, and the schools that do (i.e. Kentucky, Duke, etc..) are signing the cream of the crop freshman, whom many of which could play in the NBA out of high school.

I would argue that Nebraska's freshmen have indeed played like freshmen. They occasionally and sometimes often have shown flashes, but lack the consistency to be heavily relied upon to carry a team. For example, look at Jack McVeigh. He put up games of 17 and 16 points against Indiana and Ohio State respectively and followed those games up with two scoreless games against Penn State and Purdue.

I know this might be simplifying your argument, but to expect Watson, Morrow, McVeigh, and Jacobson to be playing at a level like Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram is in my opinion ridiculous. It just isn't realistic.

No, Nebraska's problems aren't all freshmen related, the lack of perimeter shooting and size issues are a much bigger problem (no pun intended). But to think that the "freshmen factor" is irrelevant is naive.

Just wanted to add this article that I found interesting.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-basketballs-senior-moment-1455662462

I have a question that I have wondered about since Mills was hired.

Why was Dana Altman not hired for the job ? Every one knows he wanted it.

His team was almost always in the NCAA T. Great record, winning seasons and had wins in the big dance.

Was there dislike from the school, or was it because it would look bad for the Univ, taking him from them.

He seems to be a hell of a coach out here in the Pac 12. He is winning the conf this year and seems to be able to keep his teams in the race year after year.

Would NU consider him if Mills fails to turn it around over the next few years ?

Just never understood why he didn't get the job, unless there was some bad blood, there. Just wondering...

GBR!!!

His team was almost always in the NCAA T. Great record, winning seasons and had wins in the big dance.

Was there dislike from the school, or was it because it would look bad for the Univ, taking him from them.

He seems to be a hell of a coach out here in the Pac 12. He is winning the conf this year and seems to be able to keep his teams in the race year after year.

Would NU consider him if Mills fails to turn it around over the next few years ?

Just never understood why he didn't get the job, unless there was some bad blood, there. Just wondering...

GBR!!!

Miles was hired in 2012 and Altman was hired at Oregon in 2010

We are no better then the doc days. A .500 team. I ask you....how long does it take to turn around team ? 5-6-10 years. We will be going on year 5 and it's no better.

This is where the basketball program is the same as the football program, we had to change the culture and that takes time, not 10 years, but it does add a few years onto the process. You have to realize how bad of a program Nebraska basketball is. To be one of only three programs to have never won a NCAA tournament game is nothing to be proud of. That is why why Tom did by building the new facilities was huge for the program. Before that we were the only program who was practicing on the same court that we played on. In this day and age of the "college arms race" then stuff like that doesn't get you many top players.

The NCAA tournament team bought him some time, but not forever. It would have been two years in a row if Pettaway didn't have so many issues going on in his personal life. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate if my mother was going downhill fast due to breast cancer either. It's going to take a few more years of struggling to get to .500 in conference play for him to get canned IMO.

I 100% disagree with number 1. if this was a football school we wouldn't have the turn out we do. The fans are just waiting for bball to break out. If you meant because of lack of admin support, that I can agree.

Turning around a basketball program can be done way sooner than a football program.

I 100% disagree with number 1. if this was a football school we wouldn't have the turn out we do. The fans are just waiting for bball to break out. If you meant because of lack of admin support, that I can agree.

Turning around a basketball program can be done way sooner than a football program.

Yes that is what I meant, I just didn't explain it very well. The school never really supported the basketball program until Tom as AD upgraded the facilities. I know all about how the fans will support the team, I was there during the Nee era and it was fun having a great football program and then a very good basketball program at the same time.

GBR!!!

he would leave Oregon for Nebraska..... why?

He is getting better recruits...they are True Freshmen at this point. I still believe Tim is building us the right way. 2 more diaper dandies coming next season with Gill being able to play. We will be MUCH improved next season.

Getting better recruits doesn't mean anything when they are all basically 6-8 and play the same position.

No center. and no true shooting guard. Not going to get far with a 5-9 PG and 15 small forwards playing out of their natural position most of the time

• Fire 1

He is getting better recruits...they are True Freshmen at this point. I still believe Tim is building us the right way. 2 more diaper dandies coming next season with Gill being able to play. We will be MUCH improved next season.

Getting better recruits doesn't mean anything when they are all basically 6-8 and play the same position.

No center. and no true shooting guard. Not going to get far with a 5-9 PG and 15 small forwards playing out of their natural position most of the time

If you are going to go that route...you need to play like West Virginia...where they mug you up and down the court all game and play a nasty zone...it can work...you just have to know what you are doing.

A team of 6'8 (which really means 6'6) wings that are not pressing and not playing physical is bad news.