JUCO DT Isaiah Johnson

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A big guy with a torn ACL and being cleared to play in 6-7 months? Also I'm guessing that his his Juco probably doesn't have the greatest rehab facilities. Seems really optimistic to me.

I'm guessing most rehab occurs with a PT.

Probably. And being that his school is in Miami, OK (pop. 14,000), I'm guessing they don't have the most upscale PT equipment to rehab with.

A big guy with a torn ACL and being cleared to play in 6-7 months? Also I'm guessing that his his Juco probably doesn't have the greatest rehab facilities. Seems really optimistic to me.

I'm guessing most rehab occurs with a PT.

Probably. And being that his school is in Miami, OK (pop. 14,000), I'm guessing they don't have the most upscale PT equipment to rehab with.

Im from a town of 1500 and we have a PT place with pretty good equipment. So id think a town with 14000 will have a few choices for PT and plenty of good equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

MAY 9 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

ISAIAH JOHNSON , DL, 6-5, 300, NORTHEAST A&M JUCO. MIAMI, OKLAHOMA

“Nebraska’s spring game is the only one I went to.” Says Isaiah Johnson. “It was wonderful. The fans came out there and showed us some love, and the atmosphere was great. The players get along with one another and the coaches are great.” Johnson said

“When I got there I was shocked.” Johnson comments with a turnout of more than 70,000 fans at the spring game. “I didn’t know it was going to be that big. The whole stadium was filled. The fans showed so much love, they asked for my autograph 30 minutes before the game. All of us (recruits) were amazed how many people came out. We just looked around with a smile.”

NU defensive line coach Parrella wants Johnson to wear a Husker uniform and it appears that will become reality.

“He (John Parrella) wants me pretty bad. Every time I talk to him I get good vibes from him. When I get talking to him I can’t be dead, he wants me to be happy.” Johnson said

“He (Parrella) likes how I use my hands, I’m always around the football. I’m trying to get other things that I can improve on. Have him help me with my explosiveness to get to the ball. Make plays and fit right in.” Johnson said

Commitment date.

“I’m going to talk to my mom about it and coach Parrella will receive a call and tell him sometime in September.” Johnson said

cornhead.gif

Um so he basically just committed to committing?

Basically this. He will wait until September to announce his commitment so he can still have time to decide. Although in my opinion he has made up his mind and he hasn't made it public yet. So we can't put the commit tag on him, so he is a silent commit. But don't tell anyone or people will start getting super excited.

Um so he basically just committed to committing?

Basically this. He will wait until September to announce his commitment so he can still have time to decide. Although in my opinion he has made up his mind and he hasn't made it public yet. So we can't put the commit tag on him, so he is a silent commit. But don't tell anyone or people will start getting super excited.
Talk about your long walks.